Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I got my Glock 44 I had problems getting it to group properly. My club range is either25m or 50m, nothing in between. I found,, very quickly, that I just didn't have enough elevation to consistently 'score' on my targets. A new, taller, front sight was needed..

OK, so most of you guys will know of my location and that contrary to most schools of thought I can actually own and shoot handguns. However.. the companies who import the likes of Glock, Ruger etc., are in the UK - where handguns are banned. Now this causes me no end of trouble as, given the crappy UK laws, they cannot discuss with me any thing relating to Section 5 (banned) firearms. Think about it.. I call them ask a question, tell them I can give them the serial number and invoice dumber relating to a pistol THEY imported and sold to a dealer and still their answer comes back "We cannot talk about Section 5 firearms with the general public..".

So grasping at straws I emailed Glock's customer service in Austria.. and prepared myself for a long wait for a reply. How wrong I was...!!

Within an hour a customer service agent, called Michael, emailed me back and offered to sort out my problem if I let him have the details of my G44.

I responded straight away with the serial number and clearly laid out my problem of not having enough elevation to get the pistol to group consistently.

Michael responded within thirty minutes and promised to send me, free of charge (I had told him of my problems with the UK Glock importer) a taller front sight and, as he said, "some other goodies..".

Well a little A5 size jiffy-bag arrived last week and on Wednesday this week I was able to try out the pistol with the new sight...

Computer keyboard Input device Font Art Electronic device

Judge for yourselves gents. The circled shots consist of one ten round mag load plus two from a second mag. I got a tad reckless with all the others, put it down to my excitement at actually putting rounds where I wanted them to go.. it was a colossal adrenaline rush...!!

One very happy, very content old man here. And a big shout for Glock customer services who, apart from the front sight, also sent me a Glock mouse mat, Glock decals patches, a G44 cap and three Glock key rings.

·
Registered
10,687 Posts
Can't beat that with a stick.

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
I used to have issues with grouping 'til I mounted a funnel in front of the target.
I used to have trouble with groupies, but..wait. What?

What's that?

Oh, grouping not groupies. Oh, nevermind.

Glad you had a great experience and your problem was solved, Tom.

·
Super Moderator
40,654 Posts
Congratulations on getting it sorted out! I got excited when you said extras, thought they sent a magazine . That's probably a bridge too far in your restrictive environment .

·
Registered
21,713 Posts
I used to have trouble with groupies, but..wait. What?

What's that?

Oh, grouping not groupies. Oh, nevermind.

Glad you had a great experience and your problem was solved, Tom.
Sky People in nature Plant Cartoon Happy

·
Premium Member
5,403 Posts
Hmmm ... interesting. I have found Glock pistols to be quite accurate. I have used Isosceles stance - I think I'm better with Weaver though.

But, all things being equal, revolvers are way more elegant side arms.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm ... interesting. I have found Glock pistols to be quite accurate. I have used Isosceles stance - I think I'm better with Weaver though.

But, all things being equal, revolvers are way more elegant side arms.
Oh Glocks are accurate alright.. but a .22 G44 at 25m with not enough elevation left me rather bewildered.. until I changed out the foresight for a taller one. Now everything is just tickety-boo. :D (y)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Glad to hear that Glock has a concerned, accommodating and responsive CS and that you were able to get on target with your nice new heater in a great caliber. Cool swag bag stuff.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I encouraged my wife to go to a basic pistol school in order to prove she has been trained in case of legal action if she ever had to use a handgun...she shoots very well. I went to give her some support. In the shooting portion of the school, the instructor had us shoot .22 caliber pistols as part of the class. Most of the people had never shot handguns much. we shot at 5 yards.

I was given a Glock 44...the only one...the rest were other brands. The Glock 44 was bad...I could not hit anywhere I pointed. The instructors claimed it had not been "sighted in". Worst gun next to an AMT 380 backup I had in the 1980s.

·
Registered
29,569 Posts
Wait... wouldn't the taller front sight lower the group? From the way I read the first post, I thought it was already shooting low.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts