Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent her in after finding out about the drop fire recall and I also had a feed issue that I wanted them to take a look at.

Long story short it took forever they tell you 10 weeks LOL. Expect 13-14 easy. Then your greeted with we have no 45's or 40's or anything larger. We will give you this 9mm budget pistol.

Is it better than my PT145? Maybe and to be honest I hope so. Near the end I couldn't put 3 rounds on paper without a failure.

Is it true we have been demoted to 1 year warranty after this exchange?

They match the frame which they pride themselves at is great and all but they could care less about caliber and warranty duration.

·
Premium Member
5,722 Posts
I sent her in after finding out about the drop fire recall and I also had a feed issue that I wanted them to take a look at.

Long story short it took forever they tell you 10 weeks LOL. Expect 13-14 easy. Then your greeted with we have no 45's or 40's or anything larger. We will give you this 9mm budget pistol.

Is it better than my PT145? Maybe and to be honest I hope so. Near the end I couldn't put 3 rounds on paper without a failure.

Is it true we have been demoted to 1 year warranty after this exchange?

They match the frame which they pride themselves at is great and all but they could care less about caliber and warranty duration.
I've read on this board of a member who was able to talk them out of a PT1911 (like stupimlico suggested). You can also try to talk them out of a PT140G2C.

As far as the warranty, I've also read on this board (and the Taurus web site seems to indicate) that the new Taurus guns are warranted to the original owner for lifetime. As soon as you get it, make a call off to Customer Service and get confirmation on that.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
At first they said a 1-year warranty on all their new guns.
They must have had a lot of complaints, beacuse it has been adjusted to a lifetime "Limited" warranty.
Also, (as DeltaBravoKS states) I don't think it's transferable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts