Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a hot minute. I'm definitely not new here. Just had to show you guys something.

That thing grabbed my heart when I got my G2 in July 2017; I had been reading up on it and lurking on it for months before I finally got the go ahead. Sold in February 2018, due to my silliness. I've missed it pretty much since then.
My understanding has been that Taurus has made some strides in QC and warranty repair times.

So, without further ado... I'm so excited to have the latest iteration of this fine pistol. I missed the compact size and firepower in this tiny, amazing little package. No longer stressed about warranty turn around times, as I have my Ruger 9E as its backup. If one goes down, I have another to stay operational. :) :)

I gotta say, I missed this forum and the folks on here. Didn't seem right if I don't own one. :) First cleaning tonight or tomorrow, and range time this weekend. ;D:):devil:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Many here have forgone Taurus ownership, but stayed for the fine company.. Welcome Back!!
Congrats on a fine looking pistol! Can't wait for a range report!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Huge PT-111 fan, love mine. I hope you know the G2C only has a 1 yr warranty.

Reactions: PilatusTurbo

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I brought that up in another post right here. It seems there is some ambiguity to their wording on the "lifetime repair policy" and "extends to firearms manufactured prior to January 1 2017." To me, that means that the policy also extends to firearms manufactured prior to that date. Right on the Taurus USA G2C page it says lifetime repair policy at the bottom. Go check it out. :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
I brought that up in another post right here. It seems there is some ambiguity to their wording on the "lifetime repair policy" and "extends to firearms manufactured prior to January 1 2017." To me, that means that the policy also extends to firearms manufactured prior to that date. Right on the Taurus USA G2C page it says lifetime repair policy at the bottom. Go check it out. :)
If they fixed the RSA and trigger the gun shouldn't need it. I replaced all the "possible issues" on my G2 and it should be good enough for it's lifetime. Same time, what is lifetime of a gun that's $200 and under?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice, Adam. What did you replace on your G2C? I'd love the input, as I'm getting ready to go Lakeline Shopping, or any other parts groups applicable.

RSA and Trigger? I heard the trigger blade or bar was re-done on the G2C, but have been unable to find anything on the Google. :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Very nice, Adam. What did you replace on your G2C? I'd love the input, as I'm getting ready to go Lakeline Shopping, or any other parts groups applicable.

RSA and Trigger? I heard the trigger blade or bar was re-done on the G2C, but have been unable to find anything on the Google. :D
I have the G2 I got used. After looking it over it had some small issues. In short, I got the RSA for more weight up front and I hate plastic guide rods. The striker guide I also replaced because I could feel it in the trigger and eliminate the possibility of that gun lock being accidentally left on when I need it. After that I had issues with my trigger blade to the point it made me shoot in a way that caused me to focus more on how my finger was than actually shooting. Once I went "Keep Tinkering slight curve" I was good to go. All the G2 and G2C I shot did not have the issues my trigger had. I halfway wanted to sell the gun and call it a loss and never send it back. Last item is the "You are wasting your money on a cheap decent out the box gun" night sights. The oem ones are horrible, or at least mine was. The back one looks like it took an impact when owned by previous owner and folded one side down and they no longer adjust.

TL;DR?

These from LLC

https://lakelinellc.com/shop/stainl...for-the-taurus-pt111-g2-pt140-g2-709-and-740/

https://lakelinellc.com/shop/stainless-recoil-assembly-for-taurus-pt111-g2-stainless-finish/

On the way now...

https://lakelinellc.com/shop/truglo-tritium-pro-sights-for-taurus-pt111-g2-pt140-g2-709-and-740/

And this from Just Tinkering

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PT111-G2-G...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice. I don't see an issue with putting money into the "cheap decent out of the box gun." I mean, you're putting the money and good stuff in, but the base platform price was half that of a Glock or Ruger. So what. I get saddened when I see people trip over the G2C's finish. My Ruger 9E and SR40C before had finish wear, and my Glock 23 years back even eventually wore. Ah well. I didn't like it at first, but it is a sign of use and training to me, now.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Very nice. I don't see an issue with putting money into the "cheap decent out of the box gun." I mean, you're putting the money and good stuff in, but the base platform price was half that of a Glock or Ruger. So what. I get saddened when I see people trip over the G2C's finish. My Ruger 9E and SR40C before had finish wear, and my Glock 23 years back even eventually wore. Ah well. I didn't like it at first, but it is a sign of use and training to me, now.
Wear isn't my issue. Some wear means it most likely been shot and put though it's paces. LNIB means they only loaded it and kept it on a nightstand or in a bug out bag. For the price of this gun the finish is what it is. I will eventually send it off when my other gun gets back.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Send it off? What other gun are you waiting for and from where? My Curiosity is piqued. :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts