Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and rented some guns, including the PT-111 today. I'll have to say, it seems to be a decent gun for the money, but I'm going with Ruger. I think the 9e. Possibly the SR9c. If I had extra money to throw around and I already had a gun, I might pick one up, but I only get one right now. Maybe this time next year, if I get another bonus, I'll look again.
Thanks for all the info since I've been here! You've all been great!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Among my pistols, rifles and shotguns I have 1 Taurus.
That said - I have more fun and friends here than any forum ever AND I've been a gun forum rat for many years. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm of the opinion that the SR9c is one of the the best bang for the buck 9mm compact pistols available.

I love mine and the only thing that would change my mind about it is if Ruger released a Pro version like they did withe the LC9s Pro.

That said, I'm very happy with my G2. Ton of fun to shoot. Glad I picked it up.

Stick around, lots of gun talk here, Taurus just owns the club house.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I have only have three Taurus handguns, but even if I had none, I'd stick around. I've been to other gun boards, there is none better.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Among my pistols, rifles and shotguns I have 1 Taurus.
That said - I have more fun and friends here than any forum ever AND I've been a gun forum rat for many years. :)
I'll second what mingaa said. Scrounge through my gun safe and you'll find 2 Taurus pistols. They're good pistols but they're not the only ones I own.

Once you get the Ruger, give us a review. We're always willing to learn.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Like the others have already said, no need to leave...... We like all kinds of handguns. Heck, I own a Ruger and other brands as well .

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Hey! Where you going?! We want to hear about your Ruger SR9c. :) We talk about anything here. This is where I have gotten my best advice on my first AR. (Tax-Return) A S&W BTW. Stick around. I only buy one gun a year, so I wont be adding to my Taurus line-up in 2015.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I've found that being a gun owner is very much like owning any other product that brings enjoyment and benefits from ample variety and competition; regardless of financial constraints or intent, rarely do we settle for a single brand, design, caliber, etc... most of us are mutts.

Currently in my safe...

CalendarCover3_zpsawjdtrsw.jpg

Reactions: jonboy

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
You don't have to leave. This is a Taurus sight that talks about all guns.

I myself have a pretty decent amount of pistols, rifles , and shotguns, but only one is a Taurus......for now anyways.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yes, stay. I own several other manufacturer's offerings and used to frequent their forums a lot. I lurk there, I participate here. The moderators do a good job of keeping things civil here, as do the posters.

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
Almost two pages of, "Oh, c'mon! Please stay!" comments and no reply from the OP? I think he's already gone...

·
Registered
13,938 Posts
I don't come here for the gun talk, oh sure I do read it and add a little. I come here for the extended family, friendship, brother and sisterhood, the feeling of a warm safe positive outlook even if it is delivered with a devilish grin.

I was welcomed here for simply being me, just as I have welcomed others for the same.

If you choose to leave, rest assured that we will leave a light on for you to remind you where to return to your extended family.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts