Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted I was looking at a PT 92 AF. Checked the serial # . Found out it was built in 1992. ended paying $250. out the door. Only came with a 10 round mag. Will standard PT 92 mags fit. Little rough but not horrible. Also has wood grips. Any suggestions on replacement grips. What to look for when ordering for proper fitment.

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
Congratulations...:smile:...but if you're not gonna' post pics...:dunno:...at least hold it up so we can see it.

·
Registered
24,606 Posts
Altamont grips might have something for that

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As soon as my kids show me how to down load pictures I sure will.

·
Registered
36,310 Posts
well first does it have a de-cocker?
not sure about that year, but IF it does then be sure and get grips for that model, if no de-cocker then again be sure and get grips for the one that does not .
as for grips for me the 92/99 is a very fat gripped gun and so i would look for either a very thin woden type grip or as mentioned a set of thin aluminum grips for it.
aluminum grips for me are actually a lot more comfortable than i thought they would be originally.

·
Administrator
35,289 Posts
But...but...you're Mark45acp. :D :D Just kidding, congrats on the new PT92, I think you'll like it. Oh, and by the way....

:nopics:

·
Super Moderator
36,040 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol...that's a great price. I put Hogue on mine to try and provide a slimmer grip, then bought a set of wood ones from the Thai guy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts