Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
G2c PT145 MilPro
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my PT145 MilPro. Yes, I paid too much for it (40$), but they're getting scarce and this one is new. I should have it by the 29th. Once I take it apart and clean and lube it, I'll make sure it functions properly. If so, I'll have three mags and that ought to be enough. Assuming I can afford to feed all three:eek:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Good that you found one. $40 is high, but I do not know anything about a PT145 and if any other mags will work in it. Taurus mags are a little costly compared to the price of the complete firearm. Although I live in Florida, the only G3 I could find was a Mass compliant with 10 rd mags instead of the 15 and 17 rd the ones for the free states come with. Finding a 17 rd is hard , finding a 15 rd is almost impossible but can be found for around $30!! Bought a 15 rd ProMag which seems to be good at the range, but never had enough faith in one to use it as a CCW mag.

·
Registered
G2c PT145 MilPro
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good that you found one. $40 is high, but I do not know anything about a PT145 and if any other mags will work in it. Taurus mags are a little costly compared to the price of the complete firearm. Although I live in Florida, the only G3 I could find was a Mass compliant with 10 rd mags instead of the 15 and 17 rd the ones for the free states come with. Finding a 17 rd is hard , finding a 15 rd is almost impossible but can be found for around $30!! Bought a 15 rd ProMag which seems to be good at the range, but never had enough faith in one to use it as a CCW mag.
I agree. ProMags are lousy. I love in a free state (for now), but 10 round mags are plenty for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
While we are on the subject…. Has anyone found another type of mag ( other than the SIG 226) that will work in a G3? I tried the mag for my Canik TP9, and it fit and locked into place, but rounds would not feed from it. Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
While we are on the subject…. Has anyone found another type of mag ( other than the SIG 226) that will work in a G3? I tried the mag for my Canik TP9, and it fit and locked into place, but rounds would not feed from it. Anyone else?
Her is a YouTube vid with mags that will fit

·
Registered
22 Posts
Where did you find a PT145 10 round mag? I’ve looked too, only seem to find the Promag brand. I think I have a few extra mags for my PT145 but would probably add more if I could find actual factory magazines. Never have too many.

·
Registered
32,339 Posts
When the Mil Pro PT 145 was still being produced, the mags were right at $30 during that time when you could find them. A total of four magazines was the ticket for me. For my 1911, I have a total of six.

Reactions: rcopu1

·
Registered
44 Posts
For my PT145 MilPro. Yes, I paid too much for it (40$), but they're getting scarce and this one is new. I should have it by the 29th. Once I take it apart and clean and lube it, I'll make sure it functions properly. If so, I'll have three mags and that ought to be enough. Assuming I can afford to feed all three:eek:
Cool! Great gun! I had one for about 10yrs. I still regret getting rid of it and I shouldn’t have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
G2c PT145 MilPro
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where did you find a PT145 10 round mag? I’ve looked too, only seem to find the Promag brand. I think I have a few extra mags for my PT145 but would probably add more if I could find actual factory magazines. Never have too many.
I stumbled across it on eBay. Says "new factory Taurus PT145 mag" It has the same stamping on it and the correct pinkie extension, so I'm hoping for the best!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh ok. I thought maybe eBay. That’s where I finally found mags for my 24/7 OSS 40 as well. No gun or gun mag websites carry them. I thought I read that the gen 1 24/7 mags in 45 also fit in the pt145. I’ll have to research that. I guess those 12 round mags may be another option to look for if that’s correct info.

·
Premium Member
6,009 Posts
I agree. ProMags are lousy. I love in a free state (for now), but 10 round mags are plenty for me.
You'll have to tell us sometime how your wife feels about when you "love in a free state"!

Anyway, back to the topic, this sounds like the making of a good spin-off thread: What's the most you've paid for a magazine!

Reactions: rcopu1

·
Registered
G2c PT145 MilPro
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You'll have to tell us sometime how your wife feels about when you "love in a free state"!

Anyway, back to the topic, this sounds like the making of a good spin-off thread: What's the most you've paid for a magazine!
Hey, ya know. All's fair in love and magazines! You're right though, it would make a good thread. I guess I'm leading for now:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts