Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the gun shop today to get a 24/7 Taurus. However, the only one they had was the old dao model, and also it was all in black, black slide, black frame. And the price was a little higher than I liked.

Then I spied a sw9ve. It was labeled a 40SW, but when I looked at it, it was actually a 9mm. And the price was right, $299. So, I bought it. I'm taking it out to shoot tomorrow. (And I really don't mind the heavy trigger, that most people gripe about.) Here's a couple of pix:

range report later....

·
Registered
790 Posts
Nice looking. What's the weight of that? Poly frame...rail...Capacity? Sounds like a good price, too!

·
Super Moderator
35,599 Posts
Smith and Wesson autos don't get their due. Nice lookin' pistol. I've wanted a 3913NL for a while now, but the thing is kinda expensive.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Let us know what you think about the trigger. It's the only thing that has kept me from buying one of these.

Todd

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have one also, just like yours. The only thing I don't like about it is the DAO. Other than that, accurate, lightweight and fun (cheap) to shoot.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have had my SW9VE for almost a year now. It is my primary HD gun. Though the trigger is a bit heavy it has smoothed out nicely with use. It has been very reliable and is fun to shoot.
Have fun with yours!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
My nephew bought one a week ago. Since that time, we have put about 400 rounds through it. The trigger does take some getting use to, but we did. I don't like it as well as my 24/7 though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Seems the main complant over the years has been the trigger. I don't mind the heavy triggers actually. I even have the NY-1 in all my Glocks. The one thing I don't hear about these Smiths, is stories about them breaking or being unreliable. Heck, I'd get one if the opprotunity came along. ;D

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had to send mine back shortly after I got it. Had put about 200 rounds through it and it stopped ejecting!! Sent it back to S&W, they replaced ejector and spring and even polished up the ramp and breech a little. Has shot flawlessly since.

·
Registered
29 Posts
jump on over to the smith and wesson forum- got lots of info on the 9v's,40v- I have the 40 v added trijicon night sights. Most people are removing one of the springs inside the trigger housing- it explains it in detail on the sight, didn't like they way it was ftf sometimes due to light strikes- put it back to normal and just dry fired about a gazillion times with a snap cap in it. smoothed it out. Still looking for the Melonite slide to buy for mine.

·
32,789 Posts
Smith's of this model are like Rodney Dangerfield."No respect." There have been threads infrequently at a couple of the larger forums. Like all good designs there are detractors who know not of which they speak. That is why it is better for forums such as this and others dedicated to specific makes and models, to exist. That way there is a place to go and have decent discussions without unwelcome interference. Glad to see the thread here. Like other who have no experience with this type, it is nice to learn and find out about other brands.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took it shooting at Prentice Cooper (near Chattanooga) yesterday, and it did very well. No failures, and the trigger is stout, but not objectionable, to me at least. My wife has some arthritis in her trigger finger, and can only handle my Savage 22 semi rifle. Here's a pic of my wife and a friend at the range.

http://www.mouseguns.com/dandg.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
yep, takes some time to learn not pull the rest of your hand to one side or the other. But I love my 40. Usually end up as a "inexpensive" vechicle gun.

·
Registered
51 Posts
ive owned a few sigmas the ones ive shot really were good guns i like the original 40 when they first came out it was my first polymer gun.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm thinking of buying one in .40 I've been mulling it over for a while now. Never really looked at one till this thread poped up. Everything I read before then was about how crapy the first sigmas where, trigger and accuracy. But I have to admit since I've looked at a few I like what i see and how it feels in the hand.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've had a 9VE for about 2 years. It is a natural pointer, for me, and shoots quite well. I don't mind the DA trigger. I didn't expect it to be like a tuned 1911. Just a smooth squeeze and it goes bang EVERY time. No complaints, and the pirce was right.

Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.