Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
32,481 Posts
Your first customer and no welcome mat. I am shocked. Just shocked :) ;) Glad to be the first. This looks great. Got to have fun with the smilies. Fantastic job Flyer.

·
Registered
790 Posts
We're On! Great work Flyer, and all who helped to make this possible!

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What was the problem? If there's a problem, please let me know so I can work on it.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
TitaniumMan onboard!! Thanks for your work on this!!

Reactions: shiftace

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to do this! George in Virginia

·
Registered
297 Posts
Another Taurusforum refugee reporting aboard. Despite a small problem with the registration security (the read letters feature) which I was glad to see, and the annoyance of having to modify my password from what works on all other forums, I really really AM glad to be here.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Thanks again for all the work to get us this place to hang out and BS.

Steelheart

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
shep854 said:
Another Taurusforum refugee reporting aboard. Despite a small problem with the registration security (the read letters feature) which I was glad to see, and the annoyance of having to modify my password from what works on all other forums, I really really AM glad to be here.
I meant to change that back from what I had it set. It was on 4 characters, but I changed it to 'not allow same password as usernames' and it automaticaly went to 8 cahracters as well. Let me go fix that now. :)

Thank all you guys for coming over! I appreciate the good words and look forward to seeing the forum grow! I went back and looked at the beginning of the old place and noticed it had been up since 07/2000. I didn't know that it had been there that long.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Boy, I register as cj and learn there's already a c_j in here! Thanks for the effort flyer, looks great so far!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Looking good, guys. Get the word out before the old site folds. And welcome all again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Flyer,
Thanks for setting up the new forum. It's appreciated.
Ron

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey guys...i see some familiar faces (log-in names) here...feels like home already. thanks for the forum. now i got a specific for my Taurus. ;D good deal.

·
32,481 Posts
After all the back and forth between the moderators at the other site it can be know stated it will take a few months before the old haunt disappears for good. Seems the owner at the other place was willing to help us save it after all.It may still may not be recoverable.That was not the portent of the message and from garbled messages back and forth it seemed like the old site was going down much sooner. Like this place much better anyway for many reasons.Old registered long gone members, spam, and obnoxious posts that had nothing to do with our forum were making the situation unbearable. So it is good to move on and start over. Flyer, take a bow.Superb job on creating all this.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Another thanks for the work in setting up a new site. I can't imagine the work that setting up a new site involves, but it is understandable that some bugs crop up. That said, I apreciate your patience with my grumbling.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts