Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On several occasions, few and far between thankfully, an acquaintance has had a recurring dream, and shared it with me. I don't know what it means, maybe y'all can help.

Usually begins in some scenario, either in the home or in a public location. A BG appears and wants to inflict some kind of imminent deadly harm on him or his family ( I guess it changes from dream to dream). He draws and fires, but continually misses the BG, or hits him, but the shots are not effective. His pistol usually runs out of ammo, and is at the mercy of the BG.... and doesn't expect any, seeing as how he just tried to shoot him multiple times. This is usually the point when he wakes up.

This has led to discussions of shot placement, concentration, and round capacity. But I can't "interpret" the dream for him, maybe someone here can shed light?

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Dreams meanings would probably be different for many people.

I occassionally have a dream where I might start out with say: a M-60 and a 400 round belt. I squeeze the trigger and lay waste to anything in front of me. Trees falling over, boulders turning into pebbles, buildings caving in. But by the time I get to the end of the dream, it's barely a bb gun and when you pull the trigger, the bullet barely reaches the end of the barrel before it falls out and hits the ground.

Same thing for cars. I start out with a 4x4 truck lifted on at least 33" tires with a beast of an engine under the hood. Shifting gears , picking up speed...feeling every detail just like it was really happening. But by the time the dream is about over, it's one of those things that preschoolers sit on top of and scoot around on.

My fights are the same way: Bad guy is bullet proof, and we always end up in hand to hand combat . And by combat, I mean juvenile wrestling with a sibling, not real hand to hand combat.

But at least I am not naked and I still manage to turn my math homework in on time.

Reactions: tcox4freedom

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
Sounds like your friend is telling himself that he needs to spend more time at the range practicing, stop loading his personal protection piece with cheap ammunition, needs a more reliable firearm and stop drinking cheap booze before going to bed.

Nothing a good nights sleep, preparation, good self defense ammunition and a HiPoint firearm won't cure. After all if all of the above mentioned scenario still played out, any of the HiPoint pistols also make great non breakable clubs for hand to hand combat!!!!

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
I used to have a dream where I would pull my pistol but the trigger was too hard to pull. Don't have it any more.

Reactions: Lmstncwby

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Yep, me against the leader of the old soviet union, winner take all! ;)

That was a long time ago though.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
No, in most of my weird dreams I'm eight years old in the school playground and I am not wearing pants. I think that means that I need more firepower.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I haven't forgot about the Range Officer, Mark! :D:D

Reactions: Plano Mark

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Dreams are nothing more than the brains activity of defragging its self of all the information it has obtained past and present. In the process, you are seeing parts of the fragmented files as they are moved around, but sometimes the brains subconscious will fabricate a scenario, or if you will, a false history, based on inputs received throughout time.

Is the brain trying to warn you of some future danger or event? Not likely, the brain is not capable of seeing into the future as you sleep, anymore so, than when you are awake. .....Now, there are those who will believe different, but that is their problem.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Dreams are nothing more than the brains activity of defragging its self of all the information it has obtained past and present. In the process, you are seeing parts of the fragmented files as they are moved around, but sometimes the brains subconscious will fabricate a scenario, or if you will, a false history, based on inputs received throughout time.

Is the brain trying to warn you of some future danger or event? Not likely, the brain is not capable of seeing into the future as you sleep, anymore so, than when you are awake. .....Now, there are those who will believe different, but that is their problem.

I dreamed you were going to say this last night.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

He could be right, but it could be that you are about to be drafted and sent into combat....

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Perhaps if y'all didn't eat pork so close to bedtime, you might have fewer weird dreams. Or tofu if you are a vegetarian. Just saying. :p :icon_ poke:

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Registered
10,614 Posts

OK. If you say so! Works for me! Sort of. :D

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Reactions: gbusmech

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
14,704 Posts
I have had dreams where I needed to defend myself or family with my firearm and the firearm would not fire.

It usually would just go "click" and on at least one occasion the trigger would not pull no matter how hard I tried.

The weird thing is that in all of the dreams, I or anyone I was with were never shot by the BG and the dream would always change to another scene right after the problem.

I'll be on the couch....

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I haven't forgot about the Range Officer, Mark! :D:D

Geez, between you and TexasTaurusGuy lusting for my Range Officer and Ruger SR 1911, I will never sleep and dream.

Reactions: leejack

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I used to have those types of dreams. Most happened when I was in some mental state of stress or worry; or facing some uncertainty with a problem. They will go away as the worry or concern is discovered & addressed.

-

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I had a dream that I was in a bottle with Barbara Eden once. If you understand who that is you probably have grey in your hair. LOL

1 - 20 of 38 Posts