Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Updated: Weird mark on 738 slide and ammo

I'm wondering if this is normal. I noticed a weird mark on the casings after shooting, then when I took the gun apart to clean it, it looks like the breech face has a line or mark in the same spot. I'v never noticed it before, and you cant see it when the slide is clean.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
If you take a pick or a file does it seem like maybe it is bad casting or machine work? Could it be something from an old round stuck to the slide? Thats kinds weird

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i cleaned it, and it obviously has a section not machined down on the breech face opposite of the extractor. This gun has about 450 rounds through it by the way.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Sure looks like the mill missed the last section.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Looks like it either needs to go back to Taurus or if you know someone who does machine work it would be an easy fix

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got it back from Taurus last week for feeding problems. They seem to have fixed that issue, now it's not extracting very good.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Extraction issue? Good luck with that.

My TCP has been to Taurus 3 times now for extraction issues, trip 2 the gunsmith noted that the extractor was deformed (not replaced). Trip 3 it's been 2 weeks and still in 'waiting for repair' status.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I sent the TCP back, and got it back this week. They changed the barrel, adjusted the extractor, and ground down that piece on the breech face. Took it out and shot 80 rounds with no problems.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to say they replaced the slide stop also. I had ground it down like in the enhancements sticky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts