Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been out for a few days while entertaining an old friend and his son. They live in Waco and the boy is a sophomore at Texas A&M. His dad is one of the first friends I met at A&M and we've been close friends ever since.

Dustin, the boy, had never killed a deer. I put him on a good stand this weekend and he took a bobcat and a spike. He was ecstatic and his dad was, too. We went on a goose hunt Monday and had a decent hunt for dark geese, but the snows wouldn't come down. Lots of fun. Here's Dustin and his kills. :D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Nice pictures and great looking deer. Question, what does one do with a bobcat? Are they edible or is it a mount/trophy type shoot? Good to spend time with old and dear friends and their kids. Many fond and not so fond memories of going to school in Texas many years ago. East Texas State in Commerce. I think it is now part of A&M right? Enjoy old friends, too soon we grow apart.

·
Registered
339 Posts
bobcat:

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
grouchy hippo said:
Let me get this straight: in that picture, somewhere on that plate,
is there prepared bobcat!??

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
He looks so happy...there is no better feeling like getting your first deer...

he..he...i remember my first deer, was hunting the south rim of the Grand Canyon...before we went home, i wanted to see the Canyon first
Had blood on me from cleaning it and about a weeks worth of no shower..
went into the park... :rolleyes:...you should have seen the looks i got.. :eek:.. :D :D
I did not care because i was so happy..

He will never forget this experience...it is nice to take someone out hunting
Good Job

I think most people mount Bobcats..
have alot of Family that hunt and i think everyone of them have at least one mounted in there den... :D

·
Super Moderator
35,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We took the cat to a local taxidermist to be made into a wall rug trophy.

Yeah, I don't know who was more ectatic about the weekend, the boy or his dad. LOL It was fun and I got some meat off that spike. Larry says he and Dustin are the only ones in the family that will eat game. I can't relate. Got venison chili on for tonight. :D

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Chili sounds good..when we find Flyers Virtual Desk you can put some left overs in there for me....lol.. ;) :D :D

Thats cool about the dad..this i can totally relate too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts