Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else ever tried to use the repair status tab on the main website ? It asks for the serial number and your zip code and its supposed to show the status of your firearm while it is being repaired. Much like my pistol......this resource will not work for me either. Just wanted to check and see if anyone else has ever had any success using this tool.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Sometimes that site suffers from a severe case of noncooperitus. Mine never showed up on it until the day it was shipped, I simply think that they just don't take the time to update every transaction in a timely manner.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I have never used the function on the Taurus website BUT I do know that the entire industry has wide spread cases of bizierthanfrickatosis!!:cool:

Reactions: airwrench

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use the Repair Status when my pistol was recievied and it took almost 48 hours after it was signed for before it showed as recievied.I posted on FB Taurus page and ask about how often it is updated they "replyed every two hours" I am taking this with a grain of saltas it has not changed in almost three week's. This monday I am off work and going to call CS since my warranty repair letter has a service order number and see if I can get a verbal update.I dont like to bug people, but either they have a lot of repairs or parts are not avaliable.
Or maybe they are replacing my pistol which I would guess would take a longer time. I agree with mingaa also,but I do see quite a few local stores stocked with all types of Taurus pistols and revolvers.

·
Registered
698 Posts
When I sent my PT92, the repair status webpage worked like clockwork. I guess I was lucky?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Called CS this morning repair times have gone from 4/6 week's to 6/8 week's for pistol's,didnt ask if that included revolvers,..lol,..CS didnt say much else it's waiting for repair.
I am trying to maintain hope that they are just repairing a lot of older pistols,, not they are having issues.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
The web site 'Repair Status' does work, but it usually lags behind when getting a gun logged in for repair. My PT1911 took a couple days to show up, but then seemed to be on track right up to the shipping and receiving it back in my hands. If your repair shows awaiting parts, I will tell you what I know about that. Parts that are shipped in from Brazil come on a boat once a month. When they arrive in Miami, they undergo a one week inventory check-in process. So depending on what is being done, you might be in for a little wait.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It hasn't worked for me either. I think it's only been 4 days since it was received though, so it may take a little longer. I only checked to see if it worked.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Update The REPAIR STATUS is NOT WORKING, I called Taurus on monday to check on my PT1911, I was told it was awaiting repair and to check the Status on their wesite,but not to expect a repair for another 3 week's. This morning for shit's and giggles I typed my serial number into Fedex Tracking by reference,and it show a delievery to me by 7pm today. I called CS and they said yes it was repaired and sent out on the 19th/tuesday. The Repair Status still shows just being recievied by Taurus so I let them know about it.

·
Administrator
35,560 Posts
The Repair Status still shows just being recievied by Taurus so I let them know about it.
Well good for you ! I hope you feel better now.

If the website doesn't work, call. And repair times are up for every gun manufacturer right now, because there are more guns out there than ever before. It would make sense that repair times for a gun that has a lifetime warranty would be longer right now.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not quite sure if I should take the "well good for you !" as sarcastic or not but doesnt matter,as I am feeling better now,lol,..but my response to this thread was to inform other members who started it, that according to CS the repair status should update every two hours.CS thanked me and said they would have the It Dept.,look into it on their end as they have had a few problems with it updating in the past.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts