Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong. I am not complaining, but this winter has been just unbelievable we got about an inch and a half of snow on the 23rd yesterday was breezy but mild and today we hit 44 degrees above. What a winter so far, but I know it isn't over yet because I haven't heard the "Fat Lady sing" yet!:)

·
Super Moderator
35,544 Posts
Yeah, we're cruising through the mid 40's today and sunshiney today. Still currently 37 degrees right now. While I am loving it, I also feel like the "Pineapple Express" will leave town, exchanged for an "Alberta Clipper".

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
That is cold down here.

·
Super Moderator
35,544 Posts
Didn't Lubbock get snow in the last 5 days? We didn't. :D It's all relative.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I'm on the other side of the state from Lubbock. It has been raining or overcast since Christmas Eve here and in the low 40s. I'm ready for that global warming to start back up. :D

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
It is 13 now, it got up to 38 yesterday but we have had mostly 40's up until last week.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
First (barely) measurable snowfall of the season here this morning.
Not enough for kids who got sleds for Christmas (does that still happen?) and maybe too much for those who got shiny new bicycles.

·
Registered
548 Posts
We have had so much rain once it does get cold enough and the snow starts we might be in trouble here, since the amount of rain can judge how much snow we will get. The last few year the snow has stayed away till after the new year then turned blizzard like real quick.

·
Registered
591 Posts
over the pond is sunny and 56 oF, a bit windy and no frost at night, mild for us

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Yeah we had light snow Christmas Eve, day and a little more yesterday am. The temps would get just above freezing each and kept it melted off. Just to the West and into NM they had some real snow. It was nice to see some moisture though.

·
Administrator
39,378 Posts
Our West Texas snow, was as bmbroker describes. The perfect snowfall. Not windy, was pretty as it fell, and only accumulated on the lawns and fields. Roadways were only wet, thus not hampering traffic. And the moisture, however much it was, is greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
35,544 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Geeeze, thanks. We've been doing OK with cooler weather and some rain. Woke up this morning to that white crap that falls out of the sky.

Sarge

·
10,379 Posts
Was 36 when I got up this morning, supposed to drop all day and be 25 by the time I get home from work. Sure doesn't feel like December here. Usually by now we've got a good 2 feet of snow in the yard and it's around 5 degrees...if that...yesterday we hit 47 and my yard can't tell whether it needs to stay brown or turn green. Definitely not good for my fruit trees to keep warming up like this.

·
Registered
518 Posts
82 degrees out, said we might get a cold front tonight and only make it up to 78 tomorrow, break out the fire pit and the marshmallows.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm in the "upper midwest", N.W. Indiana to be exact. I pay all my bills online, so I keep a pdf file of each months bills for the last 4 yrs. The Dec. 2011 bill just got here and cost to heat (gas) was just about half of last years. The bill lists average daily temp. by month. It was 10 degrees colder (average) last year. People are trying to draw global warming conclusions as a result of the warm weather around here. I remember a similar weather pattern in 1967 and we got killed with snow (the highest level ever in one incident) and cold for the rest of the winter after Dec.. The heating money I've saved goes to beer.

·
10,379 Posts
LoL yep Popeye, that's exactly what I'm afraid is going to happen this year too. Winter will only be so kind for so long, won't be long before we get buried and frozen solid. We thought last year was the pits when it would dump 25 inches of snow on us at a time, when winter finally hits I'm afraid we may be wishing for last year's weather. Oh well, there's something kind of cool about thunder snow storms.

My ma has pictures from 1979 when we moved where the snow was piled up over the sides of the moving truck as they drove down the road, looked more like a single lane tunnel.

That reminds me, I need to stop and get another ton of pellets for the stoves before the prices jump (again).

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
It snowed all day in Lubbock on Christmas Eve and early on Christmas day. The ground was warm and the snow melted as fast as it came down. We got up Christmas morning with an inch on the ground. Just 30 miles to the west and 35 miles to the Northwest, Levelland and Littlefield (Waylon Jenning's actual hometown) got a good bit of snow on the ground. Littlefield had 10" of snow.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts