Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I took a private CCW class yesterday. The course material was well-presented, and we didn't have to spend too much time on the primer material.

The guns used were my S&W 686 4" revolver and the first handgun I ever owned, my Taurus PT99AF (in Nevada, you have to qualify with each type of firearm you want to be licensed to carry).

Both guns shot flawlessly for both of us, and the center of the B27 target was obliterated after 120 rounds.

mbogo

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. We have to get fingerprinted and photographe, then wait (up to 120 days). Fortunately, Nevada is an 'open carry' state, so we don't have to walk around unarmed in the meantime.

mbogo

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Good stuff!!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
My wife and I took a private CCW class yesterday. The course material was well-presented, and we didn't have to spend too much time on the primer material.

The guns used were my S&W 686 4" revolver and the first handgun I ever owned, my Taurus PT99AF (in Nevada, you have to qualify with each type of firearm you want to be licensed to carry).

Both guns shot flawlessly for both of us, and the center of the B27 target was obliterated after 120 rounds.

mbogo
Excellent job by both of you!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats and now he long wait begins.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Congratulations and I hope you and your wife learned a lot and get those concealed carry permits soon.
Let us know when you get them!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Congratulations to you both!
Carry safe, responsibly, and often!

·
Registered
521 Posts
(in Nevada, you have to qualify with each type of firearm you want to be licensed to carry).
Congratulations!

So, does that mean you have to bring 50 rounds for each firearm, and go through each stage twice, or can you split it and half the time with one or half the time with another. Sorry, if it seems obvious, but seems like that would take a long time to go through both firearms to qualify, if most are doing so.

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
Congrats, now the loooong wait.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts