Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many people use tape to cover bullet holes, I used to also till I found that those colored Dots at the gun store that they charge a fortune for can be bought at dollar General as garage sale sticker's for $.89 yep less then a buck and you get 100 of different colored dots. They work great if more then one person is using the same target. Just thought I'd give Y'all a cheap alternative to using Masking tape. It fancy ups your targets for showing off. :) :) :)

·
Administrator
42,817 Posts
Thanks, 45! I never thought of that, just hung a new target over the old one, or like you said, used masking tape. Good tip! :thumb:

Reactions: 45 Forever

·
Registered
19,174 Posts
That sounds like a great idea.. Thanks for sharing..

Reactions: 45 Forever

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Great Idea!

Dollar stores rock! I recently picked up a bunch of 1/2gal, square, plastic, screw-top jars to store my brass in. I also usually pick up
the cheap q-tips and toothbrushes that I keep on my workbench from there.

Reactions: PCS01

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Good advice!
You can't beat a Dollar Store - I think my son spent half of his expenses in college at the one down the street from UNT.

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
Thanks, good tip

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Great idea

I have a backyard range so, often I'll use cardboard/pizza box and a sharpie to draw a "bullseye" I'll empty a 7rd mag then walk up and make an X over the bullet holes with the sharpie.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I usually use a sharpie to color the rim of the hole. Each person gets a color, then we shoot and go swirl the marker around the holes. End of the day we can see who had a better day. But the stickers seems like a good option also...

CreekFisher

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Good idea but . . . . .
I still have a few cheapie targets my daughter made for me 20 years ago.
She took a stack of printer paper (pin feed, old) and drew the outline of a soup can with a crayon. Then she colored in the circle with different colors for each page.

When I first used them at the range someone must have felt jealous as one of them came back with 12 holes instead of 10.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Good idea but . . . . .
I still have a few cheapie targets my daughter made for me 20 years ago.
She took a stack of printer paper (pin feed, old) and drew the outline of a soup can with a crayon. Then she colored in the circle with different colors for each page.

When I first used them at the range someone must have felt jealous as one of them came back with 12 holes instead of 10.
Sorry, man, I had a couple of flyers... :D

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Hey, cheap, that's me!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Shhhhh don't tell but I print off one or two targets at home and then use the printer at my job. I just buy the paper. I normally use bright neon paper. Kinda looks like the reactive targets (until you shoot them lol)

CreekFisher

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.