Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, throwing this out there.
We have forums for all Taurus guns, smithing, funnies, and such. Maybe this idea would fit into one of them.
I'm not thinking of end of world/zombie anything prepping. I'm thinking of a forum for ideas, thoughts, and examples of what we as a community of Taurus owners do for personal and home protection.
Overall this site is geared toward Taurus handguns so this site is not about hunting. Many of us have guns for three things (FFD - food, fun, and defense) I have the guns for hunting but find paying for a licenses, paying to join a hunt lodge, going out at x-dark morning at x-zero degrees to get meat not in my fun factor. As long as I have friends that have that fun factor and a Win Dixie, my meat intake is on check.
So, my focus on firepower is for fun and defense (until the time comes that I need to provide meat for my family and my main man Peter is stingy with his back straps).

I come from a family background where education is the best thing to give to someone else. My father was a person that believed if you’re not going to college, you were going to learn a trade. I never got a dime for any kind of allowance and learned the value of a dime by the time I could say, "I want that." So, knowledge was the tool to surpass all other tools.

My long guns are for the range and skeet. I have a couple of dedicated "short" long guns and several pistols that are for carry or home defense that is where I'm leading to for this discussion.

What do you do for personal defense (at home, out for a walk, at a restaurant)
What do you do for home defense (entry way, room, other people in your home, when your way)
What do you do for travel?

I have used sinarios for home training (some my wife and kids are not too intested in doing).

I'm not interested in the "if the zombies attacked" or the “when the government men in black come.." I'm thinking of real world, in this state of living what you do (and not what you've done on Halo or Medal of Honor games) to prepare for the possibility of a home invasion, mugging, robbery type sinarios.

Like to see where and what this could transpire with. I have gotten some great ideas for my guns from the follower on this site. I have come up and adapted some of my practices from what I've gleaned off the others do and constantly refined them.
I found that training we did in the military (no matter who mundane it seemed) came back instantly when put into a real situation that we trained for and that knowledge tool was the first thing I reached for.

·
Registered
730 Posts
It is always good to plan ahead. That is something I have yet to do. It will be interesting to see how others prepare.

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
I think most people that have given the subject a lot of thought figure out quickly not to broad cast or post what they are doing. Look around on the web there are a lot of good ideas. Plenty of shows on TV on the subject, if you can get past the made for TV drama there is good bits on information to be had. Also researching hurricane preparedness can give you some good ideas.

Reactions: FZ1

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
My plan is pretty straightforward. I find one of those uber prepper groups holed up in their air conditioned bunker, neutralize them, enjoy all the hard work and planning they put into their "survival" plan. ;-)

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Jbtty, although I spend most of my time here I find DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum an interesting and useful site for the issues you raise. I think there are a few other TA members who are also members of the defensive carry forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts