Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird.
Had a small tornado touch down here about 2 miles up the road.
No damage reported as it touched down in a field of what is said
to be the nation's largest Alpaca farm, Alpacas of America with 1500 acres.
So if you spot an alpaca sailing by at a low altitude it's just us.
In the 75 years I've lived in this state this is just the third tornado I can remember.

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
18,803 Posts
Weird.
Had a small tornado touch down here about 2 miles up the road.
No damage reported as it touched down in a field of what is said
to be the nation's largest Alpaca farm, Alpacas of America with 1500 acres.
So if you spot an alpaca sailing by at a low altitude it's just us.
In the 75 years I've lived in this state this is just the third tornado I can remember.
So, in other words...:unsure:...there might've been 400 or more?

·
Registered
24,602 Posts
You are just living in the wrong place. We can give several each year.

·
Registered
17,161 Posts
Lived in a town in Iowa that was founded in 1880 and has never had a tornado...unusual for Iowa. Retired in 08, moved to a town in Missouri that was founded in 1836 and has never had a tornado. Both places technically are in "Tornado Alley" but subtle geographic quirks act to shield them.

·
Registered
18,803 Posts
:huh:...was it really a tornado...:unsure:...or did Rb just discover he has a blender?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Alpacas raining down? Sounds fishy to me.
Now living right on the water/coast we don't get tornados much at all unless its a hurricane. We get water spouts. It falls apart when it hits land and has to reform. It has sucked up so much water and made a vacuum seal like a drinking straw. When it its land it's like taking your finger off the straw and dumps the water and it's energy. Now i have been covered in minnows when it drops is water. In the Mississippi sound and around the barrier islands is a little glass minnow the size of your pinky called a rain minnow. They can been seen on the surface of the water in large numbers. On a claim day it looks like it's raining on the waters surface as the minors dance way from larger fish. They also rain down out of the sky as they can get sucked up in a water spout.
I have only seen them fall out of the sky once. I have seen the ground covered with them a few times after a bad storm.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Alpacas raining down? Sounds fishy to me.
Now living right on the water/coast we don't get tornados much at all unless its a hurricane. We get water spouts. It falls apart when it hits land and has to reform. It has sucked up so much water and made a vacuum seal like a drinking straw. When it its land it's like taking your finger off the straw and dumps the water and it's energy. Now i have been covered in minnows when it drops is water. In the Mississippi sound and around the barrier islands is a little glass minnow the size of your pinky called a rain minnow. They can been seen on the surface of the water in large numbers. On a claim day it looks like it's raining on the waters surface as the minors dance way from larger fish. They also rain down out of the sky as they can get sucked up in a water spout.
I have only seen them fall out of the sky once. I have seen the ground covered with them a few times after a bad storm.
I have heard some fish stories in my lifetime. I may even have told one or two. But this ^^^^^^^^ ?

·
Super Moderator
19,742 Posts
Gee. Hope they keep’em local. Don’t want to see news stories of what happens when the fleece hits the fan!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

·
Registered
18,803 Posts
Reactions: whichfinger

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
When I'm found nude outside my house.
And the tv remote is in the car
Then pieces of uncooked food will be found in the cabinets
And no one will steer the car
This is the dawning of the age of
Dementia

Age of
Dementia...

Attachments

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Did you survive?

Reactions: Rickenbacher39

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you survive?
Yup.........we're fine, although we found enough alpaca wool in the backyard for my wife to knit 27 sweaters.
It was an odd day though. A lot of winds stronger than usual and darker than normal.
I just figured it was the end of the world again but alas, I checked in here and no one had predicted it so I relaxed.

Reactions: RScottie

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Yup.........we're fine, although we found enough alpaca wool in the backyard for my wife to knit 27 sweaters.
It was an odd day though. A lot of winds stronger than usual and darker than normal.
I just figured it was the end of the world again but alas, I checked in here and no one had predicted it so I relaxed.
I do believe you see four horsemen not four flying alpacas. But hey, near the end, times will be hard so they might ride whatever.

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I do believe you see four horsemen not four flying alpacas. But hey, near the end, times will be hard so they might ride whatever.
We do have a hog farm in the area.
Seeing the four horsemen riding hogs might just take a bit of the seriousness out of the situation.
Then again there is that saying: "When pigs fly"......................

Reactions: Ickthus
1 - 20 of 23 Posts