Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I told a friend that I would post this for her on several gunboards which I visit regularly. She is new to shooting and this was her first ammunition test. I'll show her any replies.

I wanted to do a test with a .22 LR 5 Inch barrel. I wanted to compare the difference between water jugs and denim covered water jugs. Handgun was an H&R revolver.

Here i am holding the gun...

Here is the gun and a couple of bare water jugs...

Here is the shot on the bare water jugs. It went through and through. The expansion is unknown but is suspected due to the water splashing on me!!!! :eek:

Here is the 4- layer denim covered jug.

As you can see no expansion was evident...

...But as you can it exited with enough force to flatten itself against a piece of metal.

I'm new to all of this, so this was my first test. I enjoyed it and I hope you did as well!!!!!!!! ;)

April

·
Super Moderator
35,598 Posts
Penetration is better than expansion in .22 caliber and, anyway, those little pills are designed for rifles, really. You wouldn't expect them to expand much, if any, at pistol velocities. I know they expand on squirrels, can tell ya that, LOL!

Nice job for the first time!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Next time try not shooting at such a steep down angle. The best way to recover the slug and guage penetration, is to line up several jugs and shoot at 90 degree angle. There is some good denim & water info at/ http://www.theboxotruth.com/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts