Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my daughter and I took the PT92 to the end of the farm road for a little informal can shooting. I was working my way through the 1st mag when on the 7th shot click......nothing. What the heck, factory ammo, dead primer? hangfire? I counted to 10 and carefully ejected the unfired round away from where we were shooting. I wanted to finish the mag before checking the bad rnd so I started shooting again. Then on the 11th rnd it happened again! That's when I noticed that the hammer had fallen to halfcock. I have been shooting 1911s lately and I have gotten in the habit of using the safety as a thumb ledge. I unloaded the gun and found that if you only partially depress the decocker and pull the trigger the hammer will fall to halfcock. I moved my thumb.....no more problems. My fault not the guns and on a positive note it fed mixed FMJ, Federal and Remington HPs 100% reliable.

·
Administrator
18,578 Posts
For my PT92, I always instinctively nestle my thumb just under the safety in the grip decocker recess. Makes it very easy to engage the safety, should I desire to do so.

It is important to be mindful of switching some habits when switching between handgun designs.

Glad that you and your Daughter are enjoying your PT92! ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts