Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like they're making kids stupider these days, you think people would know better. Bragging about beating people up has put quite a number of people in the defendants chair, but bragging about shootings and robberies should get you shoved under the jail.

43 Gang Members Arrested using Facebook & Twitter

Reactions: ninesecond95

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah I am ashamed to call the next generation of teenagers human beings. They fear nothing and they feel that they are entitled to anything and everything that they want, even whats not theirs. Most of them are lazy and have no moral compass what so ever. I mean sure there are good people out there, but their parents beat their a**es daily and they learned something.

Reactions: sandman 11

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Figures. New York. People can't defend themselves against criminals.

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
I only swatted my 19 YEAR OLD son one time
and I am proud of him in ever way. I did yell at him some, but never had any real problemcs with him. I never beat on my kids,
They have all turned out good. You don't have to beat a kid to raise them right.

And my kids were definitely not time out kids. Mostly, their mom did a great job.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well as I said there are good ones out there, I know I needed my a** kicked at least once a week, but hey I learned from it and I turned out to be an honest, honorable person with a very good moral compass.. I don't mean flat out beat a kid either, you have to have purpose and restraint as a parent but sparing the rod doesn't serve them as well as setting some a** on fire now and then to let em in on what the world has in-store for dishonest people lol....

·
Registered
612 Posts
I was a real handful as a child. Still am actually =) But I really believe my early introduction to church and it's teachings, founded me knowing right from wrong.. Nothing like catholic guilt.. All joking aside, I feel it is fundamental regardless of your beliefs to teach your children morality. Eziest way is to lead by example and take them to church. Worked for me and hopefully IS working for my daughter.

I don't beat my 7 year old daughter but a firm voice and occasional light swat to the hind quarters does the job.
Kids will push the limits of every situation, just to see how far they can go.. I remember doing this even before elementary school. It's our jobs to teach them the limits and take it one step further by explaining why going past the boundary in that certain circumstance is wrong.
Not every child is so lucky as to have a caring adult.. hence upraise in teen crime. weak people make even weaker, susceptible offspring. It's a viscous cycle.

I always found having the kid choose not to do bad actions, not because they don't want smacked but because they know you will be disappointed in them. Is better.. That method of teaching is only established through love.

but don't get it twisted.. to quote a line from "roadhouse." Be nice, right up to the point were being nice is no longer an option." or something to that effect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts