Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
22,321 Posts
Wow. So the strap failed, and he locked up the brakes, melting them?

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Ear protection? Safety glasses? It seems their safety rules are like Florida driving laws, just suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
19,748 Posts
Purple muscle car? Uh, no thanks.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Never underestimate the stupidity level of a bunch of stupid people in a group.
For some reson, stupidity raises exponentially in a group.

BTW, to quote a friend: "I've never seen a dynomometer win a race."

Me: "You know 'Dodge' and 'avoid' are synonyms?"

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Yeah I don't understand what happened there. Who locked up the brakes?

·
Super Moderator
36,073 Posts
I was waiting for the tires to lite up.

Reactions: whichfinger

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,959 Posts
They should have used CO2

Reactions: whichfinger

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
It actually looked like the caliber broke loose from the caliper mount and wedged between the wheel and the rotor. That's what caused all the sparks and the rotor to glow bright orange. Also, most likely one of the brake lines broke and splattered fluid onto the rotor and then ignited. Either that or one of the fezter valves cut loose and penetrated the muffler bearings causing the turbo encabulator to flambé the halogen fluid. Very dangerous.

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It actually looked like the caliber broke loose from the caliper mount and wedged between the wheel and the rotor. That's what caused all the sparks and the rotor to glow bright orange. Also, most likely one of the brake lines broke and splattered fluid onto the rotor and then ignited. Either that or one of the fezter valves cut loose and penetrated the muffler bearings causing the turbo encabulator to flambé the halogen fluid. Very dangerous.
Bingo. Best guess I read until this was when the strap or the hardware attached to it broke, it damaged the brake. Turbo encabulator seems the most likely cause.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts