Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
This tragic incident just reinforces what we preach: never take anything for granted. If you do, it can cost you your life.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yup. Unfortunately, I receive all line of duty death notifications and you can be sure there are some every week.

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
This is 50 miles from me. It is a sad day; and unfortunately proves, "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A ROUTINE CALL!"

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
This is 50 miles from me. It is a sad day; and unfortunately proves, "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A ROUTINE CALL!"
No there's no such thing as a routine call.

Everytime our dedicated law enforcement officers go on duty, they lay their lives on the line.

It's a shame the department lost this fine officer in the line of duty.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Prayers sent to the family.

·
Registered
31,777 Posts
A Trooper is most Vulnerable on a traffic Stop. I can't imagine doing what they do without already having the gun drawn. Lubbock County hasn't lost very many Troopers over the years, but I do remember a Trooper being killed the same way out on the highway to Slaton in the Mid 70's. That perp was caught and eventually executed.

If you kill a Trooper, or even a City Cop, odds are you will die a premature death, one way or another. I think most of Cop shooters know that. Some want a final showdown with the cops. This guy took the Coward's way out, didn't want to take a chance on being shot in the gut or paralyzed, or worse yet, setting on death row for 9-16 years, pretty much in solitary. Those guys on death row are caged animals, a worse fate probably than a merciful death.

If they are doing suicide by cop, they don't usually want to hurt anyone else, but some nutcase will want to take as many out with him as he can. That is precisely why we need our rights to carry and personal protection.

The Luby's Cafeteria Massacre in Kileen, TX that killed 23 people would not have been near as severe if only 1/2 th of the people who carried today had carried back then. That Luby's Prototype Building had three hundred seats. That became an industry standard as if they went above that number, had to add to restroom facilities. My point, out of 300 people when busy, 1/4th would be adult men. There would have been 75 adult men. In Texas today, I would say 1 in 15 Texas adult men carry. So the odds today are that there could have been 5 adult men with firearms to return fire. I can nearly guarantee there would have been two adult females with handguns. In that situation, you better not be worrying about any laws, you better be retreating, finding cover and then firing on the bad guy. If you have a chance to retreat early on, it may give you a chance to see what is really happening.

My point is, there are some bad folks out there, you hope you never cross their path, but someone will and a LEO has a better chance of meeting them. We can just all pray that we never do and be prepared if we do.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
My condolences and prayers to this troopers family. I hope the guy that shot him rots in eternal hell!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
This is truly a loss for the family, department and community. My prayers go out to all of those impacted.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
My condolences to the family and his fellow officers.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
My sympathies for his family and friends.

Anyone, anywhere and anytime, evil knows no limits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts