Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Father in law recently applied for his CHL and he bought several guns over the years, so he has passed a nics check. However, he has a fairly common first and last name and it appears someone with the same name as his spent a few years in the state penn, so his local LEO won't issue the permit without proof he is not that guy. Does he need a lawyer to fix this? And how can he even buy a gun when his name flags this in the state records? I am perplexed to say the least and I thank god I have an uncommon last name.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To update the story He's going down to the station to sign an affidavit stating that he is not this person. Appearantly this has happened before. He told me that when a man with the same name as him died in 92 his boss read about it in the obits and called his wife to offer his condolences while he was sitting in the room with her. All she said was if you want to talk with my dead husband he's right here. Akward. You'd think that the fingerprints would show that these are two different people or maybe the department didn't bother to check the fingerprint records with the state penn.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Same thing has happened with people flying and having the same name as a 'potential threat'; hopefully they can get that squared away for him without making it an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts