Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you have come to know, I seem to have gravitated to firearms that will allow quick barrel changes and thus have the capability to fire multi calibers of ammunition.

GLOCK got me hooked into this ability and since I have found a few other pistols that allow these results.

I just placed my order for a conversion barrel that will take the factory .40sw battle to fire 9mm. I had already acquired the conversion barrel that converts from the .40sw to 357SIG.

One of the advantages of this ability is once you are proficient and memory affixed to one individual pistol should you feel the need or desire to fire a different caliber of ammunition you simply swap out the barrel. This takes all of a few seconds to accomplish. Plus since you are already proficient with this pistol there is no need to swap out and re-acclimate yourself with another firearm.

I was able to find this latest conversion barrel for $129.

·
Registered
193 Posts
As some of you have come to know, I seem to have gravitated to firearms that will allow quick barrel changes and thus have the capability to fire multi calibers of ammunition.

GLOCK got me hooked into this ability and since I have found a few other pistols that allow these results.

I just placed my order for a conversion barrel that will take the factory .40sw battle to fire 9mm. I had already acquired the conversion barrel that converts from the .40sw to 357SIG.

One of the advantages of this ability is once you are proficient and memory affixed to one individual pistol should you feel the need or desire to fire a different caliber of ammunition you simply swap out the barrel. This takes all of a few seconds to accomplish. Plus since you are already proficient with this pistol there is no need to swap out and re-acclimate yourself with another firearm.

I was able to find this latest conversion barrel for $129.
I get that. I have a Glock 23 and getting a Lone Wolf Distributors ported barrel in 9mm for it essentially gives me a Glock 19C. I thought about getting the .357 SIG barrel, but I couldn't come up with how that would add value to my collection. Adding the 9 was obvious. 9mm is easy to find, lower recoil, and less expensive. 357 SIG is hard to find and is way more money. What was your rationale in getting the 357 SIG barrel?

By the way, in my book, "because I wanted to" is a perfectly valid answer.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Fortunately in my case the .357 barrel was backordered for my MP40C. I thought since the magazine works for both .40 and .357 - that was a plus. In the interim I found I really didn't like the 40C and cancelled my barrel order when I was notified it was available. I like the barrel swap concept, but in hindsight made correct decision and didn't add a caliber that no other gun I own uses.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I bought a 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock 23 on sale for $89 from Lone Wolf and so far it has been flawless. I did not have a 9mm pistol at the time and had acquired about 1000 rds of 9mm ball ammo so it made sense to buy the conversion. I later bought a PT111 but only use it for a knock around gun.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I bought a 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock 23 on sale for $89 from Lone Wolf and so far it has been flawless. I did not have a 9mm pistol at the time and had acquired about 1000 rds of 9mm ball ammo so it made sense to buy the conversion. I later bought a PT111 but only use it for a knock around gun.
Ever since I got a PT-809, my use of the conversion barrel has been limited. However, the 809 has some new competition as of this afternoon, a Canik TP9SFx with all the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ever since I got a PT-809, my use of the conversion barrel has been limited. However, the 809 has some new competition as of this afternoon, a Canik TP9SFx with all the bells and whistles.
Nice! I will be picking up my TP9SFX in a couple days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Taurus would be wise to learn a few lessons from Canik. The TP9SFX is an affordable performance gun for shooters that want to improve their game, but are not so serious about competition to justify a gun costing thousands.

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
I always buy an extra/different barrels for all my guns!!---:D
its just that usually the barrel also comes with a additional frame, magazines, sights, internal parts, grips and such!!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I get that. I have a Glock 23 and getting a Lone Wolf Distributors ported barrel in 9mm for it essentially gives me a Glock 19C. I thought about getting the .357 SIG barrel, but I couldn't come up with how that would add value to my collection. Adding the 9 was obvious. 9mm is easy to find, lower recoil, and less expensive. 357 SIG is hard to find and is way more money. What was your rationale in getting the 357 SIG barrel?

By the way, in my book, "because I wanted to" is a perfectly valid answer.
I have a couple GLOCK, FNS in 357Sig so it wasn't as though I was adding a new caliber to the mix, just adding a new platform from which to fire it from.

And because it's a fun round to shoot.

·
Registered
14,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is one sweet looking Canik.

Bang 4 the $, the Taurus PT-809 has been a bargain purchase. I ended up purchasing two full size and 1 Compact. The full size delivers more out of the case features and flexibility. Did the same on the PT-840.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts