Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of mods can be done the pt1911 with out voiding the warrenty? new grips? hammer? will additions like laynard ring or compensator void warrenty?

btw: 500 rounds w/o a hic-up using numerous brands of ammo and factory mags. yes factory mags!

·
Registered
31 Posts
my understanding is that any modifications will void warranty on that part. i called taurus and ask what kind of sights i could use without cutting the slide and they got kinda pissy. the guy told me that if i switched sights that they(taurus) would not do any warranty on my sights. my guess is if you replace a part in paticular they wont work on that part. i think. but if you do replace parts and have a problem in the future, put the factory parts back on and play the waiting game with warranty. just my suggestion.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
It my understanding that the warranty on the "finish" is only one year. Whatever you replace, keep the original and put it back on before sending it back for warranty. Actually, the simple truth is that not many things can get damaged with wear on the 1911 frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts