Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my Taurus 1911 about a month ago. I was filling in the warranty card today after going to the range and noticed that it states it must be mailed withing 10 days of purchase....

Does anyone have any experience with this? I was planning on sending it in for repairs as I have problems with it not locking back, and the sight is consistently about 3 inches low, even when shot from a bench.

I'm just concerned my warranty won't be valid because of the timeline. :(

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I don't think the dely will cause you any problems. The Taurus warranty is for the lifetime of the gun no matter if you are the first owner or the tenth owner. JMHO!

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
I only 'registered' my first one to get the NRA membership deal, but never had a problem. I bought a G2-45 Compact face to face, and it went in for repair, then was replaced, then the replacement went for repair (twice now), with not a peep from CS. I've not had, nor heard of any problems getting them serviced. Apparently when they say Lifetime, they mean Lifetime. :D

·
Super Moderator
36,475 Posts
You've got your bill of sale should the question arise on the length of ownership, especially as relates to Taurus picking of shipping both ways. Sorry to hear that you've got to send it back.

·
Super Moderator
36,475 Posts
Have you tried other magazines in your PT 1911? The slide lock back is largely determined by the mag follower providing enough pressure. Are your sights Heine or Novak?

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I've never sent in a warrenty card on any gun I've owned. I also never had a problem getting my Taurus guns repaired under warranty either. Now they used to have a site on line to register but don't know any more if it still exists. I've not bought a Taurus now in going on two years but do own 4 of them at this time. My Rossi R02 is also handled by Tauras CS with a different phone number but the same applies to it.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I've never sent in a warrenty card on any gun I've owned. I also never had a problem getting my Taurus guns repaired under warranty either. Now they used to have a site on line to register but don't know any more if it still exists. I've not bought a Taurus now in going on two years but do own 4 of them at this time. My Rossi R02 is also handled by Tauras CS with a different phone number but the same applies to it.
I don't fill out the warranty cards either. Instead, I go online and it only takes a couple of minutes to register at the Taurus online website.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
No registration, no problem if you already have an NRA membership. If you don't, contact Taurus CS and they should be able to facilitate you with your member request. But as far as repairs go, you'll be long gone and worm food before they stop fixing guns that aren't registered with the card..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts