Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me about the warranty information for Taurus firearms? I asked the same question on XDTalk.com about the Springfield Armory warranty specifications. Someone replied to me with the message quoted below which really has me leaning more towards the Millennium Pro. Has anyone ever had any dealings with Taurus of the same nature where they can confirm whether or not they're the same way? Thanks in advance

"I had emailed Springfield with the same question-"What determines worn out? Is it 100 rnds, 1,000 rnds, 10,000 rnds or what? Lifetime Warranty should mean Lifetime, not unless you use it or we changed our minds." Most of the people on this forum will tell you to just send it in, they will fix it. A customer rep from Springfield emailed me back and said "We offer a lifetime warranty on all of our firearms against manufacture defects as long as all upgrades and repairs are done through our factory. However, when you wear it out-you replace the parts" and also "Rather than believe everything you read on the forum-I would just ask the factory direct. We're here for you!". It would appear from these two direct quotes that Springfield does not agree with most people on the forums with the "just send it in, they will fix it" philosophy. Springfield will refund up to $50.00 on handguns and $70.00 on rifles for shipping on warranty repairs, so if it's determined to be worn rather than defective, you pay shipping. Springfield says if you want an honest answer, call them @ 1-800-680-6866. I'm not trying to flame Springfield in this post and never have, I was just looking for an honest and accurate answer to my questions. They answered my questions and I went ahead and bought an XD9 and have an XD45 Bi-Tone 5" on order and paid for. I don't mind playing the game as long as I know the rules up front, just don't change them in mid stream."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found what I was looking for in a thread in the Complaints section. Sounds like the Taurus Warranty blows the SA warranty out of the water by far

·
Registered
122 Posts
from experiences I have read the taurus warranty is the best out there. speak to any gun dealers in ur area. they may say the same thing.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i can see your point obviously if you get a brand new gun and shoot the piss out of it then it breaks well.. you got your moneys worth.. but in that case they need to specify the life expectancy of the gun otherwise how are you to know whats reasonable that the gun has simply failed do to wear and tear rather then defective and failed prematurely.

these are tough questions which i dont think any manufacture with a lifetime warranty has answered..

in absents of such guide lines i have to believe that the gun should be repaired indefinitely except for cases of clear and intentional abuse was the cause.

i do not know what SA warranty.. it is of some comfort when i bought my taurus that it had a life time warranty.. chances are i'll never shoot the gun to piss from raw round count.. but it's nice to know that they will cover it (at least they say they will) it's piece of mind.. i still want to take care of it and hopefully never have to send it in.. of course i've heard many a horror stories about taurus warranty claims, but i guess i'll deal with that if and when i need to.

i guess calling SA would be the best way to clear things up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts