Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up? Long time reader. First time Poster.

Hey, I broke the manual thumb safety on my 24/7 pro 40 cal and was looking at the waranty card. It says that I have to mail it in filled out to register within 10 days of purchase.

Too bad I missed that after I bought it several months ago and was so excited to get to shooting it I overlooked it.

Will Taurus still honor the waranty if my registration is late? Anybody know? Anybody done this?

Thanks,....
LizardMan

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Sir, the warranty will be honored. It would always be better to have it registered with the company, BUT, the warranty is on the GUN, not the OWNER! Give CS a call! Some times they will send parts if you know how to install, much quicker.

Taurus Customer Service number at 1-800-327-3776. ...

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
robby is correct, they honor the warrenty even if it's used so in that case it would'nt be registered with them under your name anyway.

that broken safety will be fixed for sure.
they even cover maintanance like springs or for example my pt92 uses a locking block which does eventually wear out and needs replaced but they'll replace it for free even though it's a naturally wearing part.

the warranty should cover all repairs except on the finish.. finish is only covered for a year.

the repair also wont be honored if reloads was used in it when it broke.

i would assume it excludes abuse.. so if you drop it off a building, or run it over with a car probably wont be covered.. but then again someone over on berettaforum.net had a taurus revovler that was in a house fire.. they cleaned it up a bit and was gonna send it back.. i have not heard anything more so i dont know if taurus fixed it but if they did it's a mercy by them cause i would'nt imagine they'ed have a duty to repair it in that case..

i will however ask and see what happen since it's been a while and report back what happen.

·
Registered
382 Posts
joe sixpack said:
i would assume it excludes abuse.. so if you drop it off a building, or run it over with a car probably wont be covered.. but then again someone over on berettaforum.net had a taurus revovler that was in a house fire.. they cleaned it up a bit and was gonna send it back.. i have not heard anything more so i dont know if taurus fixed it but if they did it's a mercy by them cause i would'nt imagine they'ed have a duty to repair it in that case..

i will however ask and see what happen since it's been a while and report back what happen.
They show in a video on the website, running over a 24/7, so is it a case of monkey see, monkey do? Just argue, that it was shown in a promo vid, so it should be covered.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everybody for getting me straight with this. I'll follow up and let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup. Took a couple weeks, but I had a buddy take it to a gunsmith for me. He mailed it out for me and had it back good as new. I just paid him 20 clams for the shipping. Gonna have it out this weekend to check it out. Thanks again all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.