Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Reading the whole article, I see two things:

1. The President never said the drug was a "cure" (as the article calls it, over and over). Throughout the article it is characterized as promising.

2. The "Pinocchio Test" paragraph pretty much says it all. Another propaganda hit piece on the administration.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Trump never said it was a cure.

Trump said talk to a doctor about taking it.

Therefore, it's Trump's fault if someone misuses it, or gobbles down aquarium cleaner.

It could be (and likely is) a hit piece, or it could simply be another example of the mentality that is responsible for this type of warning sign:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reading the whole article, I see two things:

1. The President never said the drug was a "cure" (as the article calls it, over and over). Throughout the article it is characterized as promising.

2. The "Pinocchio Test" paragraph pretty much says it all. Another propaganda hit piece on the administration.
I didn't see anything in the article about any trial finding hydroxychloroquine ineffective. Seems to me that they want the medical establishment to drag its feet on any possible therapy until after the election.

·
21,940 Posts
Guess the democrat governors who reversed themselves to ask for more didn't realize the hope was false...

Reactions: Ickthus

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
The article from WaComPost???? I won't waste my time reading it....

Nothing to see here, Move Along..

Attachments

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
By now, enough of the Hydroxychloroquine and Z-Pack combinations should have been used to see significant results if any successes or failures would be honestly reported.

The left will never report positive reports, so a wait and see approach may take a while.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm just going to say it. This is not a Red vs Blue thing, or an American-only thing. It is a world-wide humanity thing.

As of right now, the total number of covid-19 deaths is over 116,000 worldwide. The number in the United States alone is now over 21,000. Italy, with a much smaller population has almost 20,000 deaths right now. I watched and listened to Andrea Bocelli's Easter performance last night, and it moved me. I highly recommend it.

The entire world's most brilliant medical minds are working hard and fast on treatments and vaccines. None of those potential treatments and potential vaccines have been widely talked about. Only the malaria drug in question has been widely discussed - and that's because the publicity started with the President, a figure of importance in the world. Apart from that, it's still unproven in accord with medical standards - which includes "do no harm" as a primary tenet.

Here is recent information on the drug that is apolitical: https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-clinical-trial-hydroxychloroquine-potential-therapy-covid-19-begins

If there are positive or negative results from this drug or any other potential treatments - there are plenty of politically-charged websites and "news" sources that will promote their agendas from Red and Blue positions. But as time goes on, the actual truth, whatever it may be, will be quietly discovered and proven, and then ground up into Red and Blue colored packages.

If you pray, pray for God to give strength and speed to the medical researchers, and the front line people who face death to help everyone else - this includes the medical people, cops, and your local grocery clerks.

And as a completely unrelated side note, to the 20-something who made fun of a disabled older man for wearing a mask and gloves in HEB on Friday, go to hell you trash.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Washington Compost hit piece on Trump for saying this drug "shows promise" and "MAY be a game changer"?
If they are criticizing it and giving it 4 Pinocchios then I'm inclined to believe it is worth considering.
They have shown themselves to be so politically biased and on the wrong side of so many things, my first reaction is to believe the opposite of pretty much anything they say.
If President Trump walked on water they would lead with the headline "Trump is so lame he can't even swim!"

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
From the rag known as the WaPost:

Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine as treatments for covid-19 are not yet backed by reliable scientific evidence. In a pandemic, it’s important for everyone to follow the lead of scientists. Rumors on the Internet are the least reliable source of information. And politicians are not qualified to provide scientific advice, despite even the best intentions.
What Trump said were words like "promising" and "could be a game changer", which are mere opinions, not saying that scientifically it works. No reputable scientist or Dr. at this moment has come out and said it doesn't work for some patients, only that the evidence is anecdotal and it needs further study.

If politicians are not qualified to provide scientific advice regardless of intentions, where is the WaPost article condemning the gov of Ky for this comment?

https://www.wdrb.com/news/governor-says-its-scientific-fact-that-bullitt-co-church-will-spread-covid-19/article_7e59380a-7741-11ea-9c66-8b877c029ac9.html

Here's another "promising" treatment for the symptoms of COVID-19. I haven't seen any criticism of it by the press, but I guarantee you it will get some if Trump says it's "promising" and "could be a game changer", no matter how well it might be working so far in the trials.

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/hiv-drug-showing-signs-successfully-treating-coronavirus-patients/4ONG76NRAREW7C2LAWBVTHK7EI/

·
Super Moderator
19,635 Posts
I didn't see anything in the article about any trial finding hydroxychloroquine ineffective. Seems to me that they want the medical establishment to drag its feet on any possible therapy until after the election.
You'd be surprised how many "docs" won't make a move without a peer reviewed article. Mostly the younger crowd. When I was in school, we were told to be innovative and no matter how good we might think we are - if your back is against the wall you age gonna have to use the brain you were gifted (or cursed) with. As I've said, there is no statistical proof that it works but, then again, we're not 100% sure of exactly how hydroxychloroquine works against pathogens - we only know how it alters/modulates the immune response. Thus, it's efficacy against autoimmune diseases (lupus, Rheum arthritis, et al). But we also know that it is safer than aspirin and/or Tylenol especially when given short term. The aspirin and Tylenol comments are serious. If either of those meds were being evaluated by FDA protocol for the market today, it would be an uphill climb!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Better wait for the real cure or vaccine to be known worldwide than to believe on some cure only one country proposes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts