Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I've been looking to purchase a Taurus 24/7-OSS-DS45 with the Desert Tan grip, but I can't seem to find one anywhere. I've really got my heart set on the tan version chambered in .45 ACP, but all I've been able to find is the version with the black grip. Maybe I've been looking in the wrong places :confused:

In my search of the web, I stumbled across the TaurusArmed forums and was hoping you guys could help. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
First off, welcome from TX! As the 24/7 OSS line had been discontinued for quite some time, I suggest you search the gun auction sites such as gunbroker.com for the used ones. The 2nd option is to buy a black OSS then duracoat the frame.

·
Administrator
35,272 Posts
All I can suggest is to keep checking Gunbroker and sites like that. Right now they have 2 OSS 45acp's but they are both black.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, guys!

I'll take your advice and check the online auctions. If I can't find the Desert Tan, I'll have to settle for the black and paint it.......maybe even OD green :D

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
So here is my new to me .45 OSS. It started as a black frame gun. I sprayed it with Krylon Fusion which is suppose to bond very well with plastic. Anyway here it is. I just noticed it looks very shiny. This is just the flash. It has a matte finish to it. I am very happy with the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Good luck finding one. I'd second Taurus10's advice!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Im selling a black/ss OSS 9mm!!!!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
25 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Wyoming. :) Right now I am doing my reserve time at Ellsworth here in SD and managed to come across a slightly used tan OSS here. After coming here and doing research on it, I snagged it up for $335. Of course there is foot to be the $20 shipping back to Wyoming and a $30 FFL fee when I get back so I'm hoping this one will be a good deal for me. I agree though that finding the tan version isn't as easy so when I spotted this one, I spent the money I was saving for a Gen2 Glock 17.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Wyoming. :) Right now I am doing my reserve time at Ellsworth here in SD and managed to come across a slightly used tan OSS here. After coming here and doing research on it, I snagged it up for $335. Of course there is foot to be the $20 shipping back to Wyoming and a $30 FFL fee when I get back so I'm hoping this one will be a good deal for me. I agree though that finding the tan version isn't as easy so when I spotted this one, I spent the money I was saving for a Gen2 Glock 17.
Congrats on the tan OSS! You've made a wise decision.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I have had a couple guys ask me my procedure for painting my frame so I will share it with all of you.

First off I stripped the frame. http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/24-7-series/42630-detail-strip-bottom-half-24-7-pro-9mm.html Then I took out the magazine release. http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/smithing/2323-swapping-mag-release-revealed.html Now you are down to the frame. Then I put on latex gloves and cleaned the frame with acetone. You could also use mineral spirits. I already had a board cut to fit the magazine well so I put the frame on it and sprayed it. I gave it two coats within an hour. I was supposed to wait 7 days for the paint to be chip proof but I couldn't wait. When I was installing one of the trigger group pins my punch slipped off and scratched the frame. So I disassembled and resprayed yesterday. I will make sure to wait 7 days and mask the frame when I put the pins back in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Go ahead and buy a blued 24/7 Then order duracoat in the color you want. Dissasemble the pistol follow the instructions and you can stain the frame in the Desert tan color you want. Thee are a lot of colors that are close so take your time when chosing. DURACOAT FIREARM FINISHES DIRECT is where to find it

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dude that's a beast paint job, gives me an idea to paint mine OD! Lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts