Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
27,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But... I really want adjustable sights. So I looked around a bit and found one from Fusion Firearms. Has anyone experience with these? Or with any adjustable replacement sight for the PT-92?

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
No experience, YET, but I'm thinking about a set for my 92. Keeps getting bumped down the 'to do' list, but seem pretty common (Midway, Brownells, et al). I'll look forward to the repsonse.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Jake3501 just had some adjustable sites put on a PT92. He may be able to give you the details.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Keep that PT92 and just buy a PT99! I did!

·
Registered
49 Posts
But... I really want adjustable sights. So I looked around a bit and found one from Fusion Firearms. Has anyone experience with these? Or with any adjustable replacement sight for the PT-92?
I've owned a PT99 since ~ 1995 and its been a great shooter. I don't think I'd ever sell it. It was my first pistol purchase and for some reason at that time, I felt it was important to have adjustable sights. Now after years of pistol shooting and owning several other pistols, all of which have fixed sights, I'm not sure why I felt having adjustable sights on a pistol was that important.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from your choice, though you may want to consider why you want adjustable sights and if it is really that important. Other than wanting to shoot at longer ranges than typical, I'm not sure what advantage they provide.

Edit: In addition, the adjustable sight can be a source of snagging from a draw. I don't know how practical of a problem this is but I've seen it mentioned in the past. For me, as a strictly HD pistol at this point, I don't perceive it as a problem and it's kind of a large pistol for CCW, just something to consider.

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
I don't have any dealing with your original posted dealer. But, I do have a past with this dealer in Waxahachie, TX. He is fairly new to the business, has sold me one Taurus PT100, is doing a couple of transfers for me with in the week. He has also sold my son a few firearms and handled transfers for him. Nice thing for me is he only live a few minutes away. So I will vouch for this seller.
Taurus PT99 9mm, 5", 2 - 17 rd mags. NIB! : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I agree... I prefer the 92 for what it was designed for... 99s that I own are range only.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Either way you go it will be a "win-win" situation! :guns:

·
Registered
27,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't have any dealing with your original posted dealer. But, I do have a past with this dealer in Waxahachie, TX. He is fairly new to the business, has sold me one Taurus PT100, is doing a couple of transfers for me with in the week. He has also sold my son a few firearms and handled transfers for him. Nice thing for me is he only live a few minutes away. So I will vouch for this seller.
Taurus PT99 9mm, 5", 2 - 17 rd mags. NIB! : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com
Thanks for the input! I am going to take your word on this guy and give it a try - that's a great price.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I would go with the PT92 and see how you like it. You can always add adjustable sights at a latter date. I too have never found much use for adjustable sight, although my new Ruger SR40 has them, so will will see....

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
Thanks for the input! I am going to take your word on this guy and give it a try - that's a great price.
I don't think you will be disappointed with his price or service. If you would like I will even run by and check the pistol out before he ships it to your FFL.

I know a number of members here have suggested going with the PT92 and adding the sights later if needed. My thoughts are that if you want the adjustable sights, buy them now on the gun from the factory. To add the adjustable sights later would cost more in the long run, plus by buying the PT99 the sights will be covered under the lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
27,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think you will be disappointed with his price or service. If you would like I will even run by and check the pistol out before he ships it to your FFL.

I know a number of members here have suggested going with the PT92 and adding the sights later if needed. My thoughts are that if you want the adjustable sights, buy them now on the gun from the factory. To add the adjustable sights later would cost more in the long run, plus by buying the PT99 the sights will be covered under the lifetime warranty.
I'll let you know what happens. My FFL is out of town, so I emailed Ellis, and if the delay is OK with him, I'm going to go for it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Fusion sights are as good as you can get for the price imo. I don't have those on my pt92, but I do have some novak style sights of theirs on one of my 1911's.

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
Kind of a added bonus on the Ellis County Firearms auction, the pistol came from Davidson's so it has the Davidson's replacement guarantee as well as the Taurus Life Time Warranty.
And don't forget that TAurus offers a free years membership to the NRA with the purchase of a new firearm.

·
Registered
27,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did it!
Now the looong delay until I can get it in my sweaty hands. :pace:

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase. Use your wait time wisely...shop for ammo prices, maybe a set of rubber side panel grips from Hogue or wrap around finger groove grips. Print off a photo and hang it on the frig....LOL

·
Registered
27,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PT-99 is in Waxahatchie, TX... Thinking I shoulda sprung for overnight.

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
PT-99 is in Waxahatchie, TX... Thinking I shoulda sprung for overnight.
That's a bunch of money for getting it only 24 hours earlier. Or I could run over to Larrys and try it out for you!!!! Please, Please, Please!!!
If I remember correct, doesn't he ship Fedex?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts