Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did, but I wasn't about to drop $200-300 on a new hammer and trigger. So I took the cheapskate's route. I bought a set of reduced power hammer/trigger springs from JP Enterprises. They were out of stock at Midway USA so I ordered them directly from jprifles.com. I placed the order at 1:40 a.m. on the 10th, and the package arrived today, so kudos to JP on their shipping. I also picked up some boron nitride sear grease, and I just got finished with the installation.

The kit comes with a disconnector, hammer, and trigger springs and according to JP they'll take a stock trigger to 4.5 pounds, or one of their triggers to 3.5. Most AR triggers I've seen are in the 6-8 pound range, but Stag does a bit better on theirs. Mine was breaking between 5 and 6 pounds, and after the installation and lube it's now breaking between 3.5 and 4.5 pounds and absolutely silky smooth.

JP cautions that using these springs with milsurp ammo (which evidently has very hard primers) can result in some light striking, but that it will work fine with civilian ammo. We'll see. I've got a thousand rounds of Fiocchi 55 grain fmj's sitting here just waiting for the weather to clear. If the kit's as reliable as other reviewers have said it is, then I'll have to say this is the best $10 I've spent in recent memory. I'll post back with range results.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
+1

I have a JP trigger group in my M&P15, with factory hammer spring to allow for positive ignition, I got a 4# trigger with no creep or overt travel. I then installed the exact kit dbeardslee is installing on my M&P15-22. It's stock trigger was very heavy (8+lbs) and a bunch of creep. After a little stone work to get rid of some of the trigger creep and the spring kit I got a pretty nice 3.5# trigger. I have many many rounds through this gun and no gun related miss fires and if I remember correctly I only spent about $8 + shipping!!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Looks interesting man, I'd like to put a RRA 2 stage into my rifle but yeah it's a hell of alot more then 10 bucks. Hopefully you don't get any light primer strikes so we'll see how they work out.

·
Registered
791 Posts
as an alternate suggestion you may want to check this guy out. Bill Springfield - www.TriggerWork.net For the $ you can't go wrong! This has to be the best AR trigger I have ever shot! I have shot several. This puts all the others to shame. Check it out!! you will thank me later!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts