Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a recent owner of a 24/7 pro 9mm and I love it. My fiance wants a compact 9mm and really liked the feel of the millennium pro. I prefer the 24/7 but it would be nice to have something a little smaller for the summer months and I do prefer .40 over 9.
Anyways every shop and internet sight we have looked at has the millennium pro with the DAO trigger only. We both love the SA/DA trigger on the 24/7 and on the taurus website it advertises the millennium pro as a SA/DA trigger but we can't find them anywhere. Is there anyplace that has these?
Also how come I see some mil pro's with a light rail and others don't have it but they are both considered the genIII pistol. Just a little confused. :???:
It would be great if we could find a mil pro 9 and .40 with the SA/DA and light rail. Don't know if thats possible. Please help. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Keep looking, The 3rd gen is so common that you are just going to have to keep looking for a little bit more. PS... don't put credenance on the Taurus website... they are notoriously out of date. I've seen the .9 and .40 for well over a year. Good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure where you are located... but Shooters in Jax Flordia has at least 10 of the 9mm SA/DA's.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well... I guess if I would have opened my eye... I would have seen you're from PA...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Weaponize said:
I'm a recent owner of a 24/7 pro 9mm and I love it. My fiance wants a compact 9mm and really liked the feel of the millennium pro. I prefer the 24/7 but it would be nice to have something a little smaller for the summer months and I do prefer .40 over 9.
Have you looked into the 24/7 Pro Compact? It has the same ribber grip of the 24/7 Pro, the size of the Millennium Pro, and comes in .40 and 9mm.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
naltal said:
Have you looked into the 24/7 Pro Compact? It has the same ribber grip of the 24/7 Pro, the size of the Millennium Pro, and comes in .40 and 9mm.

I haven't put a lot of thought into the compact because my fiance hates the ribber grip but however that is a great idea for me. Thats one of the reaseon I like my 24/7 so much is because of how comfortable it is.
Thanks Naltal!

I'm going to the Tanner gun show in CO tom. I will make sure to check them out. Any idea how much they normally run?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Seems under $350 out the door is a common, and fair price for them - blued usually runs $15-20 cheaper than stainless.

·
Registered
329 Posts
A guy was entering the range as I was leaving with a PT140. I have the PT111, so we talked for a little bit. He hadn't shot it yet, but I'm going to pick his brain now that he has if/when I see him there again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've looked everywhere on the web for SA/DA PT111 but still can't find one except on the Taurus website. I even emailed one gun site & they responded it only comes DA. I wish Taurus would straighten out their website. I don't think they ever look at it.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Maineman said:
I've looked everywhere on the web for SA/DA PT111 but still can't find one except on the Taurus website. I even emailed one gun site & they responded it only comes DA. I wish Taurus would straighten out their website. I don't think they ever look at it.
I think you need to find another gun site. Unless your looking at older models, with Millenium Pro printed on one side, any that show Millenium on one side, and PT111 Pro on the other, they are SA/DA.

·
Registered
138 Posts
+1, My PT111 is SA/DA as well.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Just picked up a nice clean used PT111 Mill Pro (3rd Gen)
SA/DA No rail. Someone else said only the PT145 has the rail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up a 3rd gen Mil Pro PT140 from Cabela's on Tursday. It was used for $249. It is definately a SA/DA. They also hadseveral of the Tan & blued new for $329 in both .40 & .45.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a new Gen III PT140 (Tan and Black) from Cabela's and the first time I took it to the range the slide cap (Item # 1.15 on the parts list) popped off during normal use. Didn't notice it until I got home to clean it and I don't know if it broke or just popped off. From what I understand they are pretty hard to get off so I assume it broke. Did not affect firing the gun. Odd tho...

Anyway, other than that, I am almost happy with it. It is SA/DA and the trigger is REAL light especially compared to my DAO Sigma! It does shoot way low and to the left but I have not tried messing with the Heinie sights yet. Don't really like the dot on dot, and I have read some other swapping them off for fire sights... May try that.

If I don't have any trouble with that slide cap, it is going to be my carry piece.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts