Looks sharp. Nice change from the 'any color as long as its black' style. :D

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Two thumbs up.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I like that look.Let us know how it feels.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good. Never hurts to stray from the norm. How does the retention feel...nice and tight?
Retention is just as good as my Crossbreed Supertuck (my G19 lives in that).

Anybody want to borrow my press? Just pay the round-trip postage and it's yours.

·
Super Moderator
36,744 Posts
Nice job!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Very nice work. I am actually following on your footsteps; My 809C arrived a couple of days ago (currently in the process of cleaning it), and my Old Faithful should be arriving any time next week, actually I didn't know about these holsters until I read your post so thank you for that.
May I ask you, do you have any advice when it comes to building the holster? where there any mistakes that you had to correct? any pitfalls? This will be the first time I do this and, although it seems pretty straight forward, I'm sure there will be multiple ways for me to screw it. I'm very meticulous and extremely picky and detail oriented (a pain in the ass), so I'm researching this as much as I can in order to get it right on the first try (hopefully). I'll post pics when the job is done. I will also make one for my 605 .357 revolver later on
Cheers,

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice work. I am actually following on your footsteps; My 809C arrived a couple of days ago (currently in the process of cleaning it), and my Old Faithful should be arriving any time next week, actually I didn't know about these holsters until I read your post so thank you for that.
May I ask you, do you have any advice when it comes to building the holster? where there any mistakes that you had to correct? any pitfalls? This will be the first time I do this and, although it seems pretty straight forward, I'm sure there will be multiple ways for me to screw it. I'm very meticulous and extremely picky and detail oriented (a pain in the ass), so I'm researching this as much as I can in order to get it right on the first try (hopefully). I'll post pics when the job is done. I will also make one for my 605 .357 revolver later on
Cheers,
Old Faithful's advice on making the press 2x as large as 1/2" in the area along the top of the gun is going to make getting any kind of real retention a bit of a bear.

I'd make it a little tighter than an inch were I you.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That's a really unique looking holster!

Good job. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts