Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This gun keeps popping up in conversations and shooters circles and recently reviewed by Hickok45 hickok45's Channel - YouTube.
Simply stated I want one. I have held one and the grip is WOW!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Guess you'll have to go with the urge to buy it. :cool:

Me, I can't afford to go around fondling all the other fine brands of handguns out there, because I still don't have all the Taurus handguns that I want! :rolleyes:

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hay MPG
Wanting and having are 2 differn't things. I agree with you, my budget will not allow either. I thought about trading my Glock 17. Truly the Glock is a tactical machine and I can upgrade it to a 3.5 trigger bar(dangerous light). I did some more research and the Walther mags and accessories and they are mucho$ (I already have 5 mags for the Glock 4-17's and a hicap)) and I am assuming the service is not as accommodating for me as the Glock, seeing how I live in ATL and Glock is in Smyrna about 15 miles form me( :) ). Prior to buying another 9mm I would fondle a MIlPro and see how that feels too. I heard Taurus got those right! The price point is very attractive on the MilPro as well.

The temptations for the Walther are, number one, it is a family thing since my Grandfather was part of the engineering team that put together the production line for the Walther P38 in Pre-WW2 era at the Sprewerks factory in Berlin. He was a Walther Engineer. The Walther trigger is second to none. The trigger on the PPQ exceeds law enforcement specs in the EU anyway, the reset almost makes it a machine pistol and usually they build a fine gun. The grip is hands down one of the best feeling guns I have ever picked up. The reason I will choose to stick with my Glock and you have to respect Glock for it. From a performance, reliability, durability, availability of parts, simple straight forward innovative design, modifications that are endless and awesome customer service they have their market share for a reason. If in the near or distant future if I can turn my career around and start making enough to shoot competitively I would probably use the PPQ over the Glock primarily becuase of the grip and the reset.

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
I can't fault anyone for wanting a light, compact, single stacked 9mm.

However, for the same weight (or lighter) and 1/8" thicker frame I have the beloved Taurus PT111 with 12+1 capacity.

Each to their own...;)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Price point most likely. Where else can you get 115 grain and up ammo for 8$-12$ for 50 and hand load for pennies on the dollar. In addition with a striker fired semi auto that has a good trigger and reset a set of double tapped +p 147grain jhp's WILL put you down for the count. Also +p 115 grain 9mm great velocity. Price point, good target round, adequate self defense round plenty of great platforms for delivery. What's not to like about it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Guys, I have a PPQ 9mm and it is by far the most fun polymer gun I've ever bought/fired. I used to shoot a Glock 17C in our local club matches and the PPQ has been a surprise both for accuracy and especially the trigger. I rarely shoot the old Glock anymore. I got it next to me - half tempted to throw it on GunBroker. It was my first handgun and has been great to shoot but the PPQ has stolen her thunder..lol

I will say I'm waiting to hear from S&W if they can fix the finish on mine as there was a very small batch that had some blems, but it doesn't affect the function.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Guys, I have a PPQ 9mm and it is by far the most fun polymer gun I've ever bought/fired. I used to shoot a Glock 17C in our local club matches and the PPQ has been a surprise both for accuracy and especially the trigger. I rarely shoot the old Glock anymore. I got it next to me - half tempted to throw it on GunBroker. It was my first handgun and has been great to shoot but the PPQ has stolen her thunder..lol

I will say I'm waiting to hear from S&W if they can fix the finish on mine as there was a very small batch that had some blems, but it doesn't affect the function.
Remember me if you decide to sell that glock. The wife love my 17 so much she wants one for herself. :)

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I can't fault anyone for wanting a light, compact, single stacked 9mm.

However, for the same weight (or lighter) and 1/8" thicker frame I have the beloved Taurus PT111 with 12+1 capacity.

Each to their own...;)
The PPQ is a double stack in either 9mm or .40SW.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Haha, I'm going to keep the old 17 I think. IMO, it's a better carry/ home defense gun as the trigger is NOT as quick as the PPQ. That said, pretty much everyone including me over on Walther Forums LOVES the PPQ.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts