Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased this a long, long, long time ago. Yet, I never fired it until last weekend. It finally got the better of me and I had to give it a shot or 25. Yeap, that is correct, the pistol has only been fired 24 rounds, then cleaned and tucked back away. So the question that would seem to come to mind is..why am I selling it. OH, good question. I just can't get into the poly/plastic framed pistols. I try to like them, but I guess I am a metal minded kind of gun person.

So here is what I have to offer at this time.
Walther P99 9mm with the Titanium slide. This is a true Walther, not a Smith and Wesson built or assembaled pistol. The only thing S&W had to do with this pistol is act as the import agent for Walther. The pistol has all of the Walther German proof marking as it should. This pistol is perfect and comes with everything as it did when I purchased it new from my proud little German FFL agent here in TX.

I believe I may have a holster that as purchased for it, although it has never been used as a carry weapon. I just felt I needed a holster.

I think the photos will answer many questions you may have, but please feel free to ask any other questions you come up with. The P99 also has 3 interchangable backstraps, interchangable front sites allowing for custom personalization of sighting. The 3 vaires backstrap each offer a different level of comfort to a varity of different hand sizes.

I would prefer to sell Face to Face to another TX resident, however I will ship to your FFL for transfer if out of state or not within driving distance to meet. Shipping is at the buyers expense.

$525

P5200013.jpg P5200011.jpg DSCN0056.jpg DSCN0051.jpg P5200012.jpg

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Wow, I didn't even know that they made a Titanium 99! I it seems like a good price to me, but I am not in the market having just purchased a Ruger SR40. Hopefully someone will jump on this neat pistol!

·
Registered
13,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The SR40 is a sweet pistol, I have the SR40C that hugs my love handles just right when placed in my belt holster. While I'm not a poly pistol guy the SR40C will be hanging around as a back up for requailifing for my CCL.

The Walther I feel is priced more than fair, almost aggressive for what it offers. It is a SA/DA with a decocker on top of the slide.

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
Wow, I didn't even know that they made a Titanium 99! I it seems like a good price to me, but I am not in the market having just purchased a Ruger SR40. Hopefully someone will jump on this neat pistol!
The slide is stamped "TITANIUM COATED" whatever that is. Odd, I'll have to research this. Those mags have an extended base, are they the 10 shot compliant version? or are those the regular 15 round magazines?

·
Registered
13,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
From what I can decypher the pistol has been titled the "P99 Titanium". However, the slide is not solid titanium it is a titanium coated slide. The result is Walthers version of a two tone/duo tone finish of the P99.
The Walther pistol has an interesting past/history as does the P99 model. Walters have been imported into the states by a couple of different firearm manufactures who will then stamp their name on the frame or slide of the pistol. Smith and Wesson has in the past released their version of the P99, it was the SW99. Walther supplied the receiver which was manufactured in Germany, shipped to the USA, then S&W supplied their own slide and barrel when assembled here in the states. You can tell a true German Walther by the proof stamping on a number of different parts of the pistol if you know where all to look.
The two magazines are the originals from Walther, which strangely enough are stamped "made in Italy". And yes they are both 10 round magazines.
I will try to update the photos later today to show a little better detail on the pistol.
Even for those who are not interested in purchasing this P99, I suggest you to do a little research on the Walther pistol, it does have a history unlike so many other manufactures in todays market.

DSCN0052.jpg DSCN0050.jpg

·
Registered
13,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I'm giving myself one last cheap Bump....I know it is kind of a shameless thing to do. But when you get old you do these kind of things from time to time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts