Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a Walther P22, and that thing is a lot of fun. And cheap to shoot. Last night we had two 100 count boxes of Remington cartridges, and then a loose box of 550 Federal rounds. We went through the Remington's and about 1/4 the way down the box of Federals. Shot so much the gun stopped firing! It's a scuzzy mess.

Guess who gets to clean it.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
over 400 rounds without a cleaning, You know you could run it thru her dishwasher! Yeah, I love shooting 22LR, for the cheapness, and noise level. But I do use a revolver to lessen the amount of pickup of brass.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The fun factor just went way up with my p22 because now i have a Gemtech OutbackII can for it. Whisper quiet,and i can finally shoot without the sheep calling the law even though im in the county.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
how much did you pay for your p22 i was wondering? they feel like great guns but i've never shot one.. cheapest i can find is 250.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$279 at MidAmerica Arms in StL MO. $250 is about the cheapest I've ever heard. Buy it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
joe sixpack said:
how much did you pay for your p22 i was wondering? they feel like great guns but i've never shot one.. cheapest i can find is 250.
The little Walther is a very fun gun to shoot. The newer models with A or B magazines will cycle just about any ammo you put in them. I bought one for the wife with both the 5" and 3.4" barrels and find that I shoot it much more than she does! Davidson's has them on sale with both barrels as a "Limited Edition" made in Germany. WIth Davidson's, prices vary depending on which dealer you select. I gave $341 for "hers". Actually, $250 sounds like a pretty good price for the stanard black version with the 3.4" barrel. For that kind of money you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I payed 250 for mine recently at Sportsmans Warehouse. I used to have another one when they first came out that i got for 250. The magazines were blued instead of stainless and held 12 rounds instead of 10 and had like 3 of those weird german proof mark logos on the magazines like on the barrel. It looked like it was made in Germany. I don't know why some people are still trying to push them for 275-299.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We own two P22s. They are a lot of fun to shoot. We paid $285 for one and $270 for the other one, so $250 sounds like a great deal!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sportsmans has the longer 5" barreled target version for 285 i think. I have the 3.5" barreled one so i would like the get the two tone nickel slide 5" version

The only bad thing is i have to take off the barrel nut thread adapter to get the slide off every time to clean it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
adam731432 said:
Sportsmans has the longer 5" barreled target version for 285 i think. I have the 3.5" barreled one so i would like the get the two tone nickel slide 5" version

The only bad thing is i have to take off the barrel nut thread adapter to get the slide off every time to clean it.
Agreed. Cleaning can be a B#*%&h especialy with the 5" barrel. It requires two allen wrenchs, a barrel lug wrench and a plastic spring guide to put it all back together. As far as acuracy, the 5" version is much better than the 3.4" barrel. Can't hit the walls at the range with the shorter barrel!

·
Registered
633 Posts
My 10 yo girl and I put about 300 more rnds thru my (she claims it) P22, I haven't really cleaned mine yet in over 1500 rnds. I have the 5" target version, one of the best 22lr around. She fired my PT111 once, hit about 1" high at 10 yards, I only gave her 1 rnd and she didn't want any more. But was ready to shoot the P22 more.

My other one is a Llama 1911 22lr that used to work pretty well, but its pretty shot out, 20,000+ rnds in 20 years. We tried it again yesterday after a good cleaning recently, but still has lots of failure to load, nose dives into feed ramp. Its very ammo picky compared to the P22, and has really poor sights. But if you want pratice with a 1911 clearing jams, it a perfect pratice piece. David

1 - 12 of 12 Posts