Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out shooting today. I brought my PT111G2, 1911, P320. A friend brought his new Walther Creed. Between the two of us we went through 11 boxes of 9mm in his Creed. Everything from cast bullets to hollow points. The pistol ate them up. Steel case, brass did not matter. Is this a fluke? Hickock45 seems to think it is a good or even better pistol. Does anyone out there have one? Talk to me before I call my distributor Monday. I can't afford to make another mistake.
(As far as I am concerned P320 was a mistake)

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
I have one.
It was meant to be my truck gun, but somehow it ended up being my nightstand gun.
It has a high bore and is as ugly as a Hi Point, but it goes bang every time I pull the trigger.

My advice to you would be if you liked shooting it and you hit what you were aiming at, what is there to lose?
Plus, they have a great price point.
I was going to get a Ruger Security 9 and I read the reviews of the Creed and went in that direction.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The Creed is the follow up of the PPX and I think it's a great gun. Very reliable, good price for what you get. I would always choose a Walther over a Glock, but that's just me. Wouldn't shoot steel cases though, even if the Creed manages them.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong with the P320? It's out of curiosity and to add to my own knowledge.

Thanks,

Maloy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had nothing but problems with it. FTF, Stovepipe, accuracy and the trigger is the pits. Even after they ALLEGEDLY worked on it.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
The Walther Creed is basically their budget-priced, full-size pistol. Based on what I've read, it's a quality firearm which is extremely reliable, so I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Reactions: jwc007 and BigMau

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took my Creed out and before the first mag was empty the dots on the rear sight disappeared. But so did the Bullseye. I don't use the dots that much, so no real hardship. I called Wather and had a new rear sight in less than a week. The dots don't seem to disappear now, but the bullseye sure does.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have owned a Creed for a few months. During my first range session, I blew-out the center of the target with my first loaded mag. This pistol is an awesome shooter right out of the box. I added a Talon grip decal (my only mod.). Honestly, I don't miss the troublesome Taurus PT-911 that I traded-in to purchase this pistol.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I got a Creed a couple weeks ago when CDNN had them on sale for $249. Couldn't pass up that price.
I've only had it to the range once, but it was Great!
The trigger is smooth, and a little lighter than most of my other guns.
In fact, after shooting a couple mags of my PT-111, my first shot with the Creed went off sooner than I expected.
But it shoots well, and feels good in the hand.
I wish it had a manual safety though, just as I wish my Glock 17 had a manual safety too (I like having a manual safety).
Bottom line, I'm really glad I got it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts