Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local Walmart for oil for the car, and decided to check on the rifle clearance. Nothing left but a couple of Remingtons. However, I noticed clearance tags on the reloading cabinet. Plenty of dies, a few boxes of oddball projectiles, and SCORE!!!!

-1K CCI 200 LRP
-1K CCI 250 LRMP(perfect for my winter loads)
-3 lbs Hodgdon H380 Rifle Powder

Total for it all:$70 :) Whipped out the plastic gold, and added it to the stash.

Might want to check your local Walmart if they have a reloading section.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
My 3 local store hardly sell ammo .never imagined reloading supplies

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
809 Posts
It seems that WalMart is slowly distancing itself from the firearms market. Could be due to the rush to arms going on now or the corporate policy.

·
Super Moderator
35,545 Posts
Lucky you. I've never seen a Walmart that sold reloading supplies.
My 3 local store hardly sell ammo .never imagined reloading supplies

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Must be a Montana thing because I've never seen a Walmart with reloading supplies in Texas.
Same here in ILLinois. When they carried ammo it took a half hour and an act of Congress to find someone to open the glass gates.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My local WM did the same when they stopped selling handgun ammo. I picked up RCBS die sets in 10mm/40, 9mm, 45ACP, and 45 Colt for $25 each. Also scored several thousand primers, both small and large pistol for $1 per hundred, and several boxes of Hornady projectiles for under $10. I left there with a grin from ear to ear that day.

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
After another couple of months, we will not have anything about Walmart in our thread titles, unless a serious crime is committed there.

I think my days of darkening the door there are also done.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Was in the WM over in Chambersburg, PA a couple of weeks ago. Of course no pistol ammo, no 22, but a bunch of rifle and shotgun ammo, however, and a mixture of some reloading tools and components. No primers of any kind, however. Small selection of powders.

LGS on the way home had a raft of stuff, but priced about double what it was six months ago.

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
After another couple of months, we will not have anything about Walmart in our thread titles, unless a serious crime is committed there.

I think my days of darkening the door there are also done.
I am not to sure about that actually!--I mean there will still be pictures of the actual wally world customers to post!

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
It really seems like Walmart is getting out of fire arms altogether now days. They seem to be going the same route as Dick's sporting goods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts