Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Violating an oath, the automotive departments were open at our Walmarts, (shortcut to the guns and ammo) and in my search for .410 000 buckshot, I went in to two Walmarts. Nada, nothing, But, what had once been my favorite Walmart, was closing out all their firearms on a clearance sale.

I got there too late as a Ruger 10/22 bare bones sold for $104. A lot of bolt action/ scope combos were going for $184....again, too late. A .270 sold before I got to the front of the line. Mostly just varmint calibers left...no .223 rifles left...so I walked away empty handed. A .410 over and under with changeable choke tubes, pretty little engraved chrome or silver or alloy engraved receiver in 20 gauge also for $184 went just before I got to the front of the line.

Ammo was still regular price, nothing I needed, so I left the way I came. Empty handed, and with my $$$ still in tact. Long time friendly clerk said it was not store manaement decision, came from corporate headquarters. You might check your local Walmarts for clearance sales. In cities with multiple stores, they will probably stagger the clearance sales. I get the impression, this will happen company wide.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
I'll have to ck out the local walmart- they still have long guns (or did last time I was there).
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Super Moderator
35,550 Posts
In ILLinois our stores haven't even had BB guns for many years. Maybe someday I'll live in a place where guns are freely available.

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
There is one Walmart around me that sells long guns, it's north of here in Prosper. In fact, I bought one last weekend that I'll be posting in Other Long Arms about soon. It was marked down and I couldn't resist anymore.

I sure hope that they keep selling long guns, but I think the writing has been on the wall for a while now with Walmart and guns and ammo.

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Registered
475 Posts
There's a WM near me that pulled the firearms during civil unrest. I doubt they'll be having a clearance sale.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
The Walmart near me hasn't had guns for many years. The one across town still has some and I noticed a Mossberg 500 in there last week that was $254. I'd have purchased it, but it had plastic parts. If they close it out, though, looks like I'll have a woodworking project!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Went to a Walmart here in Jacksonville the other day looking for ammo and they have about 15 rifles and 10 shotguns in the case but nothing on sale yet. I'll have to go back once in a while and maybe I can pick up a bargain.
The clerk told me that Walmart will no longer sell handgun ammo. Anyone else heard the same?

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Went to a Walmart here in Jacksonville the other day looking for ammo and they have about 15 rifles and 10 shotguns in the case but nothing on sale yet. I'll have to go back once in a while and maybe I can pick up a bargain.
The clerk told me that Walmart will no longer sell handgun ammo. Anyone else heard the same?
Yes, Walmart HQ determined quite some time ago (I believe it was right after the El Paso Walmart shooting). Apparently, no longer selling handgun ammo across the country will stop liberals from shooting up their stores. Go figure!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes, Walmart HQ determined quite some time ago (I believe it was right after the El Paso Walmart shooting). Apparently, no longer selling handgun ammo across the country will stop liberals from shooting up their stores. Go figure!
I guess like Gun Control will prevent all criminals from getting and using firearms right?

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
I gave two WalMart bought rifles. My Savage 110 with scope in 30-06 and the Henry lever in 357MAG.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Now even the sporting goods clerks will be defenseless.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
I did go look.....2 different walmarts here in Mobile- they have long guns.....but no sale going on.

·
Premium Member
10,974 Posts
I've got a feeling the closeouts will be regional.

·
Super Moderator
34,952 Posts
Only reason for me to go to Walmart anymore is drugs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts