Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent Easter with my daughter in Nashville and on the way up stopped at the Wally world in Fayetteville, TN. The wife has some last minute things to pick up, so I wandered off to Sporting Goods to see if they had any .22LR. Well, boy was I surprised when I turned a corner and there are all of these RCBS and Lyman reloading dies, lots of Sierra, Barnes, and Hornady rifle bullets (no pistol on the shelf but was marked for them), and other reloading items (sadly I did not see any primers or powder). But what the heck is this? No WM in Alabama that I have EVER been in has had reloading supplies. When I got back home, I searched the WM site for reloading supplies and found some powder measures, scales, and little items, but no dies and no components, so what gives? Is that a one store specialty, or is WM entering new territory?

And yes, they were out of all .22 rimfire too.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
They had reloading stuff on the shelves in Utah 6 years ago when I visited, I think it just depends on your location.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
That's very, very interesting. It's unlikely a one-store thing; it (i.e. adding more inventory items to their logistics chain just for one store) just wouldn't make good business sense. I could see it being part of some trail program limited to select stores (at least for now), though. If it works out for them (i.e. its profitable), it could become a line available for any of the stores to carry.

I know I could certainly use some more players in the reloading component market around here....

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just don't understand why reloading supplies are not available online when they are stocking in even a few stores.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I have never seen it in any of the WM around here. Good thing too, because if I see one more place that sells reloading equipment with nothing on the shelf, I am going to go nuts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I just don't understand why reloading supplies are not available online when they are stocking in even a few stores.
It's not any different than going in one store, finding something in stock, and going down the street to another store (that usually carries that product) and finding it out of stock.

The only real difference is that, unlike a physical store that only so many people can get to at any one moment (assuming it is open at all), virtual stores can easily handle thousands of customers, from all of the world, at any given moment and at any time of day. As a result, when a rush ensues, all of the virtual store's stock (and then some) can easily be allocated in minutes (or less), and the problem is only compounded if they happen to accept backorders. To be fair, they have to backfill all their existing orders before they can claim anything is "in-stock", while the brick-and-mortar operations just stick stuff on the shelves as it comes in for people to buy on a first-come-first-served basis.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Some locations carry reloading stuff. There is one in my area that has had reloading equipment & supplies for years. Not an extensive inventory, but a couple of shelves.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
I haven`t found any reloading supplies in Hellaware Wally world.. Thats my report..

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Prolly bought them from Amazon then resold them. Just Kidding! Maybe you need to consider where in this country you were (are). Heck, I remember a c-store outside of Hamilton, AL that hosted birthday parties. No lie!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Yeah - St. Louis has a large reloading culture and Wally is not part of it. That would be a welcome addition though!

I see a bit on their website - bought my Chrony from them in fact! :cool:

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
No reloading equip. at Walmarts up/out/over here. But why not? Walmart has a reputation for carrying anything and everything. It's interesting to see them respond to the ammo shortage in this manner.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
The Walmart next to Virginia Tech has some reloading stuff. In fact I just picked up a 100 count box of Hornady XTP 200 grain 45 projectiles along with the 6 boxes of prvi 380. Of course I made 2 trips to get them. But none of the Walmarts in my hometown have any reloading stuff.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
50% of my inventory came from wyoming wally worlds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts