Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went today to do my "Wally Walk." I also went to a Speedway convenience store for a cup of coffee and gas. Wore a nice collar shirt, nice jeans, and my AG IWB holster with the shirt tucked in. MY 111 G2 has the SS slide. The gun is noticeable, but not obtrusive. I walked all around interacting with everyone I met. I did not purposely turn towards people to show them the gun, but I also did not try to shield them from it.

The walk went well. No one seemed to notice and I did not overhear any comments or witness anyone avoiding me. I think it went well. :)

Patty and I went to Lowes and Kroger a couple of days ago too. We were both CCing. No one noticed anything of course.

EDITED: wrote "untucked." The shirt was tucked in. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Went today to do my "Wally Walk." I also went to a Speedway convenience store for a cup of coffee and gas. Wore a nice collar shirt, nice jeans, and my AG IWB holster with the shirt untucked. MY 111 G2 has the SS slide. The gun is noticeable, but not obtrusive. I walked all around interacting with everyone I met. I did not purposely turn towards people to show them the gun, but I also did not try to shield them from it.

The walk went well. No one seemed to notice and I did not overhear any comments or witness anyone avoiding me. I think it went well. :)

Patty and I went to Lowes and Kroger a couple of days ago too. We were both CCing. No one noticed anything of course.
Most of the time people do not notice even if you are open carrying Congrats on the CCL

Reactions: WartHog354

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
emotion icon thumbs up.jpg

Good Job!!

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Nice job. One day it will become of the routine and you will wonder why it seemed so weird.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks everyone. :) I was wearing it around the house for about a month before I got my CCDW. So I was used to wearing it. While I was out today I was definitely aware of the weapon, but I did not feel the need to keep adjusting or checking it.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Congrats and well done! Feels pretty good, huh?

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
How many stares did you feel?

Funny thing about Wally World is that somebody is always staring at somebody else anyways.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How many stares did you feel?

Funny thing about Wally World is that somebody is always staring at somebody else anyways.
Felt like couple of ladies were staring holes in me, but no outward appearance they even noticed anything. :)

Congrats and well done! Feels pretty good, huh?
Thanks. Sure does! :D

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Super Moderator
13,819 Posts
The day will come when you get about 3 blocks away from your house before you realize that you forgot to take your concealed carry. You will then perform a rapid mental calculation of how safe is the place you are going, how long will you be there, where else will you go, and does anything you have considered justify continuing on without your firearm. You will then return home to get it, just because it doesn't "feel right" to go on without it.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The day will come when you get about 3 blocks away from your house before you realize that you forgot to take your concealed carry. You will then perform a rapid mental calculation of how safe is the place you are going, how long will you be there, where else will you go, and does anything you have considered justify continuing on without your firearm. You will then return home to get it, just because it doesn't "feel right" to go on without it.

Yes Sir! Carry Always! :)

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,937 Posts
Good job!

and only a couple of people noticed your fly was open :D

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Congrats, on the Wally Walk. Carry often.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Just don't get to the point where you are going to the airport and forget it's there only to have TSA confiscate it

·
Registered
24,595 Posts
Congrats to you and the Missus.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts