Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
18,804 Posts
I won't shop anywhere that encourages their patrons to become casualties.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
This is becoming a problem...

I am sick of businesses discriminating against women. Yes, that's what they're doing. Concealed carry is very uncomfortable for me due to the fact I have hips and a butt sticking out where a concealed handgun would be pressed into me. OWB carry is much more comfortable, and in Texas in the summer, you really don't want to be wearing more layers than you really have to. So these "no open carry" businesses are making it difficult for me as a woman to carry comfortably.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
This is worse than Walgreens. This is really stupid.

CVS announced Thursday it will implement a policy similar to Walgreens', tweeting out a statement in which the pharmacy giant said, “We join a growing chorus of businesses in requesting that our customers, other than authorized law enforcement personnel, do not bring firearms into our stores.

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
I still firmly believe that any business that bans guns in their store is banning you from self protection and thereby should be legally obliged to take your protection upon themselves. To me that means armed guards, yes that's plural, like those to which our politicians and celebrities feel entitled.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Properly worn, concealed carry should not be noticeable. CVS may not want people carrying in their stores but depending upon the law where a given CVS location is, their wishes may not be worth a sizable pile of donkey dung.
I never shop at CVS anyhow so their new store policy will not impact me but I am getting extremely irritated with all of this "MeToo" nonsense...

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Walgreens can request any damn thing they want but I will continue to carry concealed in any damn store I choose - Walgreens, Walmart, or Kroger. I can request that they give their products away for free, and that has about the same likelihood of happening as me not carrying in their damn sore. Buck up Walgreens, I'm carrying my gun in your store.

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
Will criminals intent on murdering people have to obey these new rules or is it just for law abiding victims?

I just finished contacting CVS and asked for a response to these questions.

I just read the following:

Thursday, September 5, 2019
We support the efforts of individuals and groups working to prevent gun violence, and continually review our policies and procedures to ensure our stores remain a safe environment. We join a growing chorus of businesses in requesting that our customers, other than authorized law enforcement personnel, do not bring firearms into our stores.

I am licensed by my state to carry a concealed weapon for self protection, so I have to ask if this new policy will apply to criminals intent on murdering people or just to law abiding victims? How does CVS intend to protect people that you deny the right of self protection?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Walgreens can request any damn thing they want but I will continue to carry concealed in any damn store I choose - Walgreens, Walmart, or Kroger. I can request that they give their products away for free, and that has about the same likelihood of happening as me not carrying in their damn sore. Buck up Walgreens, I'm carrying my gun in your store.
Exactly! Request denied!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I briefly thought we should consider a protest at some of these stores..... one specific day at one of the stores..... but it's private property and they would just have us arrested for trespassing.
Or worse...invoke some red flag laws....

·
Registered
230 Posts
I briefly thought we should consider a protest at some of these stores..... one specific day at one of the stores..... but it's private property and they would just have us arrested for trespassing.
The best, and most effective protest is through the use of your wallet.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
The best, and most effective protest is through the use of your wallet.
If you think Walmart will really notice the drop in sales you are mistaken. After reading thru this thread and several others like it.... it seems like the majority of the 2A community doesn't frequent Walmart all that much. Most of what I spend there they are taking away from me... how much is an occasional gallon of milk, bag of chips or jug of oil and a filter gonna hurt?
Stand in the front of a Walmart.... watch what people come out with.... they decided we don't matter.
If the grocery store I frequent does the same....I still gotta eat.
You gotta shop somewhere.... at some point you won't be able to boycott everything that's against us.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts