Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Well, they had already seemed to stop carrying the ammo I prefer to shoot.

·
Super Moderator
35,285 Posts
It ain't like they're cheaper or that there's ever a WalMart employ around the sporting goods counter, anyhow.

I will curtail as much business I can with 'em, personally.

Now, they say they'll keep selling "sporting rifle" ammo. .223 is a popular varmint caliber, ya know.

This WILL help business at LGSs. I've been getting good ammo deals at my LGS, already.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I don't care about them not selling handgun ammo anymore. I quit buying ammo at Walmart years ago, because it was so difficult to do so; Academy is easier and cheaper. Walmart is being stupid for the sales decisions they're making, but it doesn't affect me.

No more open carry is what I have an issue with. I open carry. Period. It is much more physically comfortable for me than trying to conceal carry. I also feel safer open carrying. As a small female, I want bad guys to pick another target before initiating their crime on me. I don't want to have to unholster my firearm to stop them; I want to stop it before it happens. I have had both customers and employees at Walmart and other stores stop me to tell me they feel safer knowing there is someone around who is prepared.

I do not want to have to cave to the scaredy cats and people who are bringing politics into basic grocery shopping. I do not want to have to go back to wearing my big baggy man pants just to go to the store. I do not want to have to go back to hiding the fact that I am not an easy target.

Many things I need from Walmart can be ordered online and shipped to home. However, I have a policy of not giving money to businesses that restrict my rights. Walmart's change in policy is a HUGE issue for me. :mad: I'm not yet sure what I'm going to do.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Now, they say they'll keep selling "sporting rifle" ammo. .223 is a popular varmint caliber, ya know.
From their web site:
After selling through our current inventory commitments, we will discontinue sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large capacity clips on military-style weapons;
So much wrong with that statement, including the fact that "short-barrel rifle" has a legal definition, and Walmart isn't allowed to sell those. *sigh*

·
Super Moderator
35,285 Posts
From their web site:
So much wrong with that statement, including the fact that "short-barrel rifle" has a legal definition, and Walmart isn't allowed to sell those. *sigh*
I don't have any rifles that must use "clips". My SKSs CAN use clips, but I never bother with 'em. :p

Reactions: RaiderRed

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Judging from that statement I would say that Walmart is being run by people who don't know the first thing about firearms, and at this point are simply waving with the wind. They certainly aren't the first to do so, and you can bet they won't be the last. The winds of change and the howls of blame are a blowing.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
They were good to me during the .22 ammo shortage
Not at my Walmart. During the ammo shortage, when .22 was the hardest to come by, the employee who would call me to let me know they had ammo in stock told me that the manager would hide away all the .22 in a location in the back room away from the other ammo, and have her husband come buy it. No doubt, to resell online at a huge profit.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
From the referenced article:

“We have a long heritage as a company of serving responsible hunters and sportsmen and women, and we’re going to continue doing so,” according to a memo by Walmart’s CEO Doug McMillon to be circulated to employees Tuesday afternoon.

So I guess it's only the irresponsible who use pistol and MSR-caliber ammunition?

Rhetorical sarcasm, if you didn't recognize it.

Reactions: rollin thunder

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wonder what they will do about 9mm? My Ruger carbine is 9mm and so are many of my handguns...

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
A really sad statement in the article and an excellent example of the brain wash propaganda used by the left... "Walmart is trying to walk a fine line by trying to embrace its hunting heritage while being a more responsible retailer."... Does that mean that only irresponsible retailers sell short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large capacity clips ????

I will do my absolute best to never set foot in a WalMart or Sam's Club ever ever again!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
35,285 Posts
Just remember, all you mass murderers, you're going to HAVE to carry your 9x19 concealed when you go to WM to shoot the place up, now!

·
Super Moderator
35,285 Posts
You know, the open carry thing is pure politics, as if it ain't ALL politics. I guess it'll keep the sheeple from having heart attacks or something. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
I'm guessing this trend will continue. Retailers are probably mostly concerned about being identified by the left as "the store that sold mass killer X the ammo that he killed people with." Walmart will probably follow up by taking .223, 5.56 and AK ammo off their shelves, too.

If you don't reload, I'd suggest keeping slightly larger stocks of handgun ammo, but don't panic.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Remember that "printing" is not illegal in Texas. It doesn't totally solve the "no open carry" problem, but I suppose it helps a little bit.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Only ammo I buy at Walmart is .22s and shotgun shells almost everything else I shoot I reload, it would require Me to get a second job to pay for ammo if I shot all factory rounds.

·
Administrator
40,179 Posts
I rarely ever bought anything in Walmart but ammo. Academy is cheaper, and it's right next door to the Walmart I went to. I've been going to Academy since it opened.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts