Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if anyone has posted anything about this but here goes.. I have read a lot of threads lately about ammo prices and avalability. I have seen people post about Wal-Mart having great prices, myself included. I see a lot of people reply to that with "my Wal-Mart is always out" or " there is only a few boxes on the shelf" I have been buying CCI Blazer Brass in 9mm and 45 from Wal-Mart for the last year or so because of the price and how great it shoots. Well just to let people know, Wal-Mart has cases of ammo in the back room. If you ask them to go look in there "gun room" or "ammo room" in the back to see if there is more of the ammo you are looking for. Tonight I picked up 2 cases of Blazer Brass 45acp (2000 rounds) for $9.47 per box of 50 (40 boxes total) I also picked up a case of 40 S&W for $7.47 per 50

The Wal-Marts around me have had the same prices for the last year on Blazer Brass ammo even with WWB and Rem. increasing there prices 2 or 3 times. Just this last week they finally went up a buck on the 9mm 50 round box so its a few cents more now then the .40 S&W. Price in my area (South Houston/ Sugar Land) has been 9mm=$6.76 per 50 .40=$7.47 per 50 .45=$9.47 per 50, like I said all the Blazer has stayed the same price except the 9mm which is now $7.76 per 50. If you call them they should be able to scan one of the boxes and tell you how many they have in house not just sitting on the shelf.

I hope this helps someone else get some good ammo for a good price.

I know this might fit in better in the ammo section but I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to see this incase it was news to them ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
i don't know if our walmart has cases, but i have long since learned that just because the alloted spot on the shelf is empty it does not mean that none is available, it is usually in a locked compartment under the counter, the guy that does the ordering at our store told me that if he overstocks, it has to get stored in the back room and it gets dirty/dusty very quickly, so he does not overstock, but when he told me there was a price increase real soon, he overordered some stuff for me to stock up, they key w/ walmart is finding the one or two people who actually know that department and get w/ them, most clerks don't know anything about the specifics of that department.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Thanks for the info on buying cases. I'll have them start to look in the back room as soon as I can find an employee. ;D Last week when I was at our Wal-Mart and tried to find some 45 acp ammo, there wasn't even a spot or label on the shelf for it. :mad:

·
32,808 Posts
WalMarts around here keep the ammo where it is difficult, if not, impossible to see. Behind the main counter, but down and low enough that reading is impossible.

Had one clerk who had a problem with JHPs. Wouldn't give a box to anyone because "we all know the evil things JHPs do to flesh", went the reasoning. Even the old saw about how JHPs " are shaped like jet engine nacelles", was to mark that only truly evil weapons are shaped like that or more deadly than FMJ.

I snorking and snickering all the way to the checkout.

The cashier was wandering why I was crying. The tears were from laughing,thinking about the reasoning, and laughing some more. I figured that laughing uproariously in the poor guy's face or at the checkout was 'bad form' as the English put it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any bad side to the Blazer ammo? I've tried Wolf ammo before because I got a good deal and it was like shootin a black powder. I mean a large plume of smoke lingering. Also after 200 rnds my 24/7 was EXTREMELY dirty. I normally shoot Remington or Winchester loads from Wal Mart because of the good prices, but they are going up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good info there, MPanova. I'm in Orlando and I've been pretty lucky with my local Wal-Marts. They usually keep the ammo shelves well stocked. I experimented quite a bit with various brands of .45 acp and I agree that Blazer Brass is one of, if not THE best ammo for my PT145. It burns clean and I can do 200-300 rounds per session before the gun even begins to look soiled. Not to mention that I hardly ever have any FTF's or FTE's with this ammo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use Blazer in 38spl FMJ on the range. I currently have about 150 rounds. Didn't get it at wally world (I tend to support my local mom/pop gun shop, even tho I'm paying about $12 for 50 rnds). Good, clean and reliable.

I always make sure I fire a cylinder or two of blazers after shooting other rounds that aren't fully jacketed, thinking that the Blazer may clear some fouling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts