Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a rumor that there is no waiting period on handguns in FL if you have a concealed weapons permit. Is this true.
Just trying to fish out the rumors.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
21,580 Posts
I don't believe there is a waiting period anywhere thats why they call it instacheck, here in TN we just go into a gun store say we want that one and they make a call and its yours. We don't have to take it to register it or nothing and if you sell it to another person all you have to do is get the money get a reciept I make them show me ther drivers lic and copy it on the reciept. thats it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
bugs, you are correct about no waiting period to purchase a handgun here in Florida when you have a CCW. Shop or gun show makes no difference. Just go and get your permit. Very painless. Do the electronic fingerprints at your local sheriff.

·
Registered
296 Posts
No waiting period in DE either. Instacheck takes 20 minutes mostly waiting for reply from state police.No permit needed.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome I'm sending in my application today after I get my electronic fingerprints. About how much time does it take to get it back.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about in FL?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I'm sure it varies state to state. All I know was my state and, more importantly, county was very fast.

·
Registered
467 Posts
bugs, my license took about 5 weeks to get back to me, but that had 2 holidays in there(Thanksgiving and Christmas). Figure about the same time frame or a little more and then you can be pleasantly surprised when it comes sooner. Yes that was in Florida, just the end of last year. From what I have heard, they are swamped with applications. Technically they have 90 days in which to respond or send your license. FYI. Good luck nad let us know when it arrives.

·
Administrator
39,884 Posts
No waitin' in Texas, you just wait a few minutes for the background check. If you have a CHL, you don't even wait that long. They don't have to make the call. :thumb: :zzz:

·
Registered
384 Posts
I get sick everytime I read these posts!!! :mad: Consider yourselves very fortunate. In states that dislike gun ownership (ie: Illinois) there is no CCW and you must wait 3 days from the time to you pay for a hangun and one day for a rifle or shotgun before you can actually take it home.

·
Administrator
39,884 Posts
Hey rainman, there's a place available in the canyon called horseshoe bend near me. Come on down! :wave: :yipee: :thumb: :zzz:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That doesnt seem to bad. Here in FL its a five business day wait period without the permit. Just sent in all my application info today. I cant wait. I'm already saving for my next gun. Either sig or a 1911. I cant wait.

·
Super Moderator
21,580 Posts
word to the people in gun bashing states move to one that is not I moved from Mich when gun laws were vary strict to TN when I bought my first gun down here I was in shock I paid for it and asked were do I register it they laughed and said get out of here and go shootin your in the south now son we don't pay any attention to stupid gun laws. then they said somthing about the 2nd amendment and told me were the gun range was. I will not move to any area with insane gun laws.

·
Registered
230 Posts
45 Forever said:
I don't believe there is a waiting period anywhere thats why they call it instacheck, here in TN we just go into a gun store say we want that one and they make a call and its yours. We don't have to take it to register it or nothing and if you sell it to another person all you have to do is get the money get a reciept I make them show me ther drivers lic and copy it on the reciept. thats it.
when they make that call, it's registered.

·
Administrator
39,884 Posts
Taurus_Jeeper said:
when they make that call, it's registered.
I have to take issue with that, at least here in Texas. If you listen to your dealer when he makes the call, the only info asked for is whether its a handgun or long gun. Serial numbers are never mentioned or even brands or models. I suspect thats nation wide.

Even the 4473 you fill out stays with the dealer. :thumb:

Now your state may have state and or local registration laws, but most do not.

·
Registered
230 Posts
What do you think the first thing will be done when they ban weapons?

Seize all the bound books and then start knocking on doors.

Sounds like a registration system to me. Granted, it's not in a computer system (that we know of), but it's registered just the same.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I agree there. Being in the military I have lived in many states to include California. I am so glad I no longer live there or the guns might suffer. Colorado is pretty easy going. No permit needed to buy, you can open carry, and a CCW took about 10 days and $152 to get. I just bought a new gun today that I picked out today, no waiting, except for the background check which took about 30 minutes. That's nothing to wait.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Smokewagon said:
Hey rainman, there's a place available in the canyon called horseshoe bend near me. Come on down! :wave: :yipee: :thumb: :zzz:
Thanks Smokewagon! I even like the sound of the name....Horseshoe Bend. If were here in Illinois it would probably be called Horsh*t Bend.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts