Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in to my dealer yesterday to pick up an AR and maybe a PT1911 and just as I feared Taurus raised wholesale price and he sold his last one the other day. Price was $425 (wholesale was $399) new price is $499 (wholesale went up to $474).

This scared me for things to come, so instead of buying the AR I wanted I'm gonna take that money and put a downpayment on about 4 or 5 guns so I don't get screwed again on price.

Just went back in and dealer was looking in the back for somehting else and said "Wow Dave, you're not gonna believe it but..."

Found one more PT1911 at the old price! I was supposed to be picking up an AR so I just split the money and put it down on both.

PT1911 NIB $429.33!!!

And I looked at several others before he found it, the Taurus was much nicer than the RIA I looked at and nicer than the Springfield GI.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Good deal! You wont be disapointed with the PT1911. I got mine late last year for $440 out the door. Last week I picked one up for my dad for $535.00. Still at less then $600 its the best 1911 out there IMO. I have well over 3000 rounds through mine with out one single problem and my dad has since put about 500 rounds through his with out a problem. Enjoy your new pistol once you get it!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I kept waiting and waiting for the durned thing to come out as I was saving up all my spare change for a new 1911 piece. Finally got tired of waiting and got a Springer, instead. If they would have been out sooner I surely would have had the Taurus. :'(

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
This may be a bit too late; but doesn't anyone ever check out
gunbroker dot com? There are always PT1911s for auction on
that site, new in the box. Decent prices, too. I'm still waiting
for the PT1911C in stainless, to come out.

I know it's going to be quite a wait; but I'm not buying until
they come out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like the Internet auction sites too, but after paying shipping (some a lot higher than others) and transfer fees...it seems like the savings quickly disappear.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Yo Auburn:

You brought up a very valid point, with the FFL fees & shipping.
They have to be considered, too.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Excellent deal, havoc1969! Good for you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts