Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recently renew their FOID and CCW for the gulag that is Illinois?

I'm at 70 days of waiting for my CCW license and 55 days for my FOID.
My CCW has expired, but I renewed my FOID on the first day they'd allow (90 days out)
I know Czechbiker recently went through this...
Curious to see what others have gone thru..

·
Super Moderator
38,008 Posts
I'll have to look to see what the FOID took...I had heard that many were expiring at similar times so I got both in early. You can still carry if your CCW has expired with a valid FOID card and carrying copies of your CE certificate and receipt for the "tax". Without a valid FOID, CCW is prohibited even if it's still good or been applied for.

Reactions: chicagotrauma

·
Registered
480 Posts
You're looking at a minimum of 60 days now for FOID, and minimum of 90 for CCL if you did prints 120 w.o . Unless you get Darted then it can be a while. Check out the Illinoiscarry forums they have a thread just for wait times that should give you an idea of what's going on.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Really a card to buy ammo ?. FOID I assume that is for buying ammo. Glad they don't have anything like that here

·
Super Moderator
38,008 Posts
Really a card to buy ammo ?. FOID I assume that is for buying ammo. Glad they don't have anything like that here

A FOID is required to even OWN a firearm in this state. Can't buy ammo, guns, or even reloading supplies without one. Out of staters can transport firearms in and though the state if unloaded, in a case and inaccessible to the driver.

·
Super Moderator
38,008 Posts
Tracked it by th date that I took the picture they wanted with the renewal...I sent it in in the middle of July and got the FOID with an issue date of 8/12/2018. CCW pic was taken the third week in Dec 2018, the card was issued 2/26/2019.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Illinois doesn't have my prints ( yet) so I guess I got a while.
Good to know I can carry with an expired card.
FOID should be soon. I just worry about it expiring and the state comes and tries to get my firearms ( I think something like this happened to a guy in Rockford)

·
Super Moderator
38,008 Posts
Reactions: chicagotrauma
1 - 9 of 9 Posts