Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, just found this great forum community! Been a Taurus 24/7 pro 9mm owner for many years but just now decided to get the carry permit. Have been doing a lot of reading on here today and have noticed everyone talking about the long wait time after turning in the application. I printed the application at home, filled it out and went to turn it in this morning thinking let the wait begin. To my surprise they took my picture and printed out my hard card right there on the spot, had my actual permit in about ten minutes from time of submission! Was this just extremely lucky that I caught the sheriff at the right moment? I'm in Iowa by the way. Just interested to see what everyone's average wait times have been and for what state?

Thanks for all input.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
I am in Pottawattamie county and it took a few days for mine.

·
Registered
206 Posts
was 17 days in Warren county for me

And Welcome to the site !!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Wow that was fast it took all of the 90 days allowed in New Mexico for me to obtain mine. The state informed me that the FBI background check is what makes it take so long.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I believe the wait in Fl is about 90 days right now.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Once I took the gun safety course, it took 30-days for the appointment with the Florida Department of Ag. Then another 21-days or so to receive the permit by snail-mail. All together, nearly 2-months.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations!
Here in TX, it depends on how busy they are down in Austin. The state officially has a 60 day window to get it to you, or notify you why it's late.
Mine arrived in 31 days.

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
I know it works that way in some of the less populated counties of Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
15,049 Posts
In 2005, from the time I submitted my paperwork until the day I got the notification in the mail, it took eighty-five days.
That was in Tulsa Oklahoma. I don't know what the waiting time is now.

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
It's been a few years, but here in Ohio, I got mine in less then 24 hours. Probably would have been same day had I got there in the morning.

·
Registered
540 Posts
It depends on the State and their policies. Some are 60 days, others are 120 days. In PA, it's $20 and 15 minutes.

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Took 8 days to get mine here in Allegheny County, but that was moreso waiting on the yellow card in the mail and it was over a weekend as well.

·
Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
First off, just found this great forum community! Been a Taurus 24/7 pro 9mm owner for many years but just now decided to get the carry permit. Have been doing a lot of reading on here today and have noticed everyone talking about the long wait time after turning in the application. I printed the application at home, filled it out and went to turn it in this morning thinking let the wait begin. To my surprise they took my picture and printed out my hard card right there on the spot, had my actual permit in about ten minutes from time of submission! Was this just extremely lucky that I caught the sheriff at the right moment? I'm in Iowa by the way. Just interested to see what everyone's average wait times have been and for what state?

Thanks for all input.
Nice, that is how it should be and
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.