Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Found this on Winchester website::

Bullet Styles

Full Metal Case
A general-purpose bullet for all autoloading pistols - assures reliable feeding and function. Lead Round Nose
Our versatile, general-purpose bullet for all revolvers.
Jacketed Hollow Point
The full-length jacket and hollow-point construction provide controlled expansion with good penetration while assuring dependable function in autoloading pistols. Lead Hollow Point
A fast-expanding lead bullet that's ideal for situations where barrier penetration is not a necessity.
Semi-Jacketed
Hollow Point
Features a unique scalloped jacket design engineered to combine optimum expansion with controlled penetration for maximum energy transfer. Semi-Wadcutter Lead
A hard-hitting lead bullet with clean wadcutter definition on paper targets.
Soft Point
Exposed lead soft point provides deeper penetration with less expansion than semi-jacketed hollow points. Wadcutter Match
For precise target shooting and easier scoring, our Targetmaster™ wadcutter delivers great accuracy and precision paper-cutting performance.

It appears that they are for target practice on paper.... :???:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help my friends. The reason I was asking was that I though I had read somewhere here that some folks used them for their SD loads. Not sure though cuz I`ve read so much here in the past days, things are starting to run together in mind. :loco:

·
Registered
663 Posts
flounder22 said:
Thanks for all the help my friends. The reason I was asking was that I though I had read somewhere here that some folks used them for their SD loads. Not sure though cuz I`ve read so much here in the past days, things are starting to run together in mind. :loco:
Many hold the opinion that wadcutters cut a hole in tissue like they do in paper as opposed to wedging through tissue and letting it mostly close behind the bullet - the object being to cause more bleeding and faster incapacitation.

That of course doesn't take into consideration the major ripping of various hollow points, talon points, etc.

JimL

·
Registered
118 Posts
flounder22 said:
Yeah, as stated, if people are concerned about a HP not expanding, the could use WCs and get a minimum of .357" holes. Anymore, HP are designed to expand and low velocities of 38spc out of a 2" barrel. I would personally stick with modern HPs such as hydroshoks and Golddots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts